“"WORTH A TRY"”

Ranked #24 of 352 Restaurants in Great Yarmouth
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a family run restaurant in the heart of Great Yarmouth. We have an extensive and great value menu to suit most customers. We are always willing to adapt our dishes where possible to suit your needs so please do ask. We also offer many gluten free dishes. We can cater for most occasions and will go out of our way to make it special. Don't hesitate, call us now to discuss your needs and we will try our very best to make your experience with us memorable.
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Very busy restaurant with very helpful and attentive staff.Dined there 3 times over the August bank holiday on all occations the food was of a good standard.Prices for the food was acceptable with a good choice of menu.
We as a couple will revisit this restaurant on our next vist to Great Yarmouth. Keep up the good service.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

We had 2 weeks holiday and probably dined here 6-7 times.Myself,my mother and 2 young daughters came here after going in The Arches next door which was terrible.I am not really a fish eater but because we were away I had the battered cod and homemade chips.My mother had the same but with new potatoes and my girls had egg and chips mostly.I thoroughly enjoyed the fish,big soft flakes in a crispy batter and the chips were NOT frozen.My mum tried the traditional sunday lunch which she enjoyed and had a breakfast meal which looked lovely.The only thing I wasn,t keen on was the tomato soup only because it seemed to have a herb in it which I didn,t like.Ross and the owners daughter mainly served us and we laughed and joked but all staff made us feel welcome.Like someone previously said the only problem was the toilets being upstairs.I just about managed but my mum who is disabled couldn,t manage it.Like I said we enjoyed the food it is traditional English Fayre though the menu was quite varied.We have booked for 3 weeks next year and cannot wait to visit again.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

We choice to eat here as it was one of the only places that did a selection of fish that wasn't covered in batter.The menu was vast with also chalk boards outside offering various dishes, perhaps to many to choose from. We both chose fresh fish that had been griled with salad and chips.the meal was great if not a little expensive.The service was great and nothing was to much trouble.if I had one criticism it would be that the decor looked a little tired.

1  Thank jason j
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Food was ok nothing over the top but quite pricey cod n chips 10.95 and wasn't that big a portion. Spag bolonaise was nice but no spoon provided .. Ask waiter for sauces which never materialised he was busy so we never mad a fuss and just went without.. Ok but I wouldn't go back although it is popular as people queuing to get in there !!

Reviewed 25 August 2014

After a ten mile walk down the beautiful beach my husband and I were very hungry. We wanted fish that was not covered in batter which is surprisingly hard to find in Great Yarmouth. We had calamari to start with which was okay but maybe too over cooked as had been deep fried. For our main we had sea bass and cod with salad and chips. The fish was cooked perfectly, lightly grilled with fresh herbs on the seabass. Salad was okay, nice and fresh could do with updating maybe to include fresh pepper plum tomatoes or cherry tomatoes. Forget the iceberg lettuce and maybe have rocket and watercress salad. This is personal preference but feel that it would do your lovely restaurant justice:) we enjoyed our meal and would definitely recommend! Thank you Charlotte, Chloe, Jessie and ross who are very welcoming helpful staff!! Nice to be greater with a smile and have a waitress who took time to have a little chat with us.... Good luck in Cyprus young lady we wish you well.

1  Thank Tracey J