“Overnight stop” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Willow Tree Lodge Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Willow Tree Lodge Hotel
Ranked #26 of 100 Great Yarmouth B&B and Inns
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
“Overnight stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Booked this B&B before going offshore. Excellent value for money, close to the town and beach. I booked a single room just wish I'd booked a double but for the price I can't complain. Would recommend and stop here again myself!

• Stayed August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

I think that Willow Tree lodge is excellent value for money especially considering how close it is to the beach. My room though small was clean and comforable with everything I needed and the welcome was warm and attentive. Top marks go to the wonderful breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

stayed at the willow lodge for 3 nights in july stayed in room 8 , the room was very small but i was on my own so it was fine ,it was very clean and everything i needed was there the room was cleaned daily and water replenished,the hosts were very friendly and attentive ,the breakfast was very nice all in all it was great value for money and would stay again

Room Tip: if you want a spacious room dont have room 8
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Gorleston-on-Sea, null, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

Just stayed a night at the willow lodge hotel, when viewed online it looked like a really nice hotel. I booked a single room for one night for a little me time as I am a local and live in gorleston.
When showed to the room there was two large stair cases leading to the top which was not good for an asthmatic/COPD sufferer like myself. True they did not know that but surely they should consider it by advertising that some of their rooms require such stair climbing. When I got into the room it was so small I had to walk sideways to get past in certain areas. The bed was so hard I awoke with a back ache the next morning and I am not a person who suffers with her back. There was on sufficient making facilities for one cup of coffee or tea. The bathroom was even smaller the toilet area was so restricted I had to sit sideways to use it. The shower kept running from completely cold to completely hot it would not regulate so I was unable to have a shower because each time I stepped under it, it went burning hot and I had to step back out. I made my complaints to the owner in the morning and he only said "I'm sorry you feel you have had an uncomfortable night but it is a single after all" the words were not very sympathetic in any way and I was still expected to pay the full rate even though I was dissatisfied. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone. I got the impression they ticked along every day in the same routine and even the words spoken to guests were routine. The individual needs of each customer were overlooked, good customer service? I don't think so.

Room Tip: Ask questions first with this one don't expect your needs to be catered for automatically. Facil...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Hinckley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

A very warm welcome on arrival. Lovely ground floor bedroom and spotlessly clean. Breakfast was delicious, a great choice, & presented in a delightful way . Nothing was too much trouble. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Kirkby Stephen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

we were put in a ground floor room and we requested and paid for a high floor sea view room, everybody was looking in our room from the street, we had to keep our curtains closed and the windows shut bearing in mind it was red hot. also I was surprised to find out that they allow pets at the hotel for which I strongly don't agree with pets been allowed in hotels it spoiled my stay knowing a pet could of stayed in our room previously to us. we had a barking dog in the room next to us for which had been left in on its own by the hotel guest.
although the owner and staff were friendly and a lovely hotel with nice furniture, but I think they need to re think about allowing pets in there hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

We had a 2 nite stay here with our 3 young boys one of whom is autistic and doesnt like change and differnt places who really enjoyed his stay
we had the inter connecting family room which was plenty big enough for us and the children extremely clean lovely decor very friendly welcome, beautiful breakfasts have no complaints at all and would definetley recommend and will be visitng again 5 *

• Stayed July 2013