“Customer service?!”

Ranked #28 of 98 Great Yarmouth B&B and Inns
Wisbech Saint Mary, United Kingdom
“Customer service?!”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Me and my husband liked the look of this hotel, all the reviews are good and noticed that it said that dogs were available upon request. When we called I spoke to a gentleman (that term is used very loosely) who said that they would welcome all breeds of dog and asked what breed we would be bringing. I said that we have a Rottweiler and as a typical Rottie is, she is very calm, docile and one of the most gentle breeds I have ever known. He immediately said that she would not be welcome at their hotel purely because she is a 'dangerous dog'. Maybe they should put on their website that they are obnoxious owners and OK, their hotel is apparently very nice but as for their customer services, absolutely non existent!! What a complete load of tosh.

Room Tip: Don't even go there!!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
gidea park
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Added notes to what others have said:
1. On our stay there was no hot water from the sink. I was told that it takes a few minutes for the water to heat up. Really...5 minutes later...no hot water!
2.The wifi was useless as it never connected.
Other than the fact that Great Yarmouth is a dump, the rest was fine.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stayed here in the summer for one night with teenage son, hubby and mother in law. Was given the family room which worked out great as mother in law had her own room. Very classy furniture and rooms of a high class. The owners friendly and made us feel welcome. Plenty of parking outside. Breakfast lovely. Would definitely return. I have stayed in number one rating before but this is on a par and think deserves a higher rating. Good distance from town. Looking forward to going back. Thanks for a lovely stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Kellington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My partner and I booked this hotel as a stop over and glad that we did.
We were given a very warm welcome and shown to our room. We stayed in number 5 which has the four poster bed, which I might add was very comfy.... What made it for us was the sea view, how lovely to wake up to that.
The hotel is literally yards from the sea front with numerous restaurants to eat in.
The breakfast was delicious with plenty of choice.
We would definitely stay again if we were in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Booked this B&B before going offshore. Excellent value for money, close to the town and beach. I booked a single room just wish I'd booked a double but for the price I can't complain. Would recommend and stop here again myself!

• Stayed August 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I think that Willow Tree lodge is excellent value for money especially considering how close it is to the beach. My room though small was clean and comforable with everything I needed and the welcome was warm and attentive. Top marks go to the wonderful breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2013

stayed at the willow lodge for 3 nights in july stayed in room 8 , the room was very small but i was on my own so it was fine ,it was very clean and everything i needed was there the room was cleaned daily and water replenished,the hosts were very friendly and attentive ,the breakfast was very nice all in all it was great value for money and would stay again

Room Tip: if you want a spacious room dont have room 8
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends