“great fun”

US$12.84*
and up
SEA LIFE Great Yarmouth Entrance Ticket
More attraction details
Owner description: The magical marine world of Great Yarmouth SEA LIFE Centre will introduce you to many beautiful and fascinating creatures of the deep. Prepare for astonishing close views of everything from humble starfish to mighty sharks and giant sea turtles, all in displays which carefully recreate their natural habitats.
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The kids loved it. The jelly fish are so beautiful to watch. Loved the sharks and walking under the tunnel and the penguin. There is a money off voucher in the days out guide which saved us £6.

sealifeuk, Manager at Sea Life Centre Great Yarmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Helenbody,

Thank you for taking the time to drop us a review and we're thrilled to see that it was a positive one as well.

That's a great shout with the promotion that you found, we do like tor reward those that plan in advance! :)

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We visited the sealife centre while on holiday in great yarmouth. Although it is quite expensive its very informative. My daughter loved getting a medal for touching a star fish and another medal for answering a conservation question during the shark talk.
All the staff were very friendly and experienced.
Its good that we got a stamp so could come and go as many times as we liked throughout the day.
The gift shop was well stocked and there was plenty of choice of toys/gifts.
We had photos taken as we went in and they were really good, we had to buy them.
Although smaller than the sealife centre in birmingham, its just as good. Would definitely recommend if your around the Great Yarmouth area.

Dear Tanya T,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us and what a great review. We really appreciate when people take the time to review each part of our business.

Glad your little one had a good time and we will hopefully see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I have visited the sea life centre a couple of times recently, my most recent visit being last week, me and my partner went together as I had some 2 for 1 tickets so thought we would take advantage and would be something great to do on our weekend together.
It was lovely, amazing creatures to fascinate you all the way through! I went to a couple of the feeding time talks (the sharks and penguins) and the woman who done the talk was great! Informative and had a sense of humour making everyone giggle!
I would recommend the Sea Life centre for all ages.

sealifeuk, Manager at Sea Life Centre Great Yarmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Lolacheese1,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us - we're thrilled that you had a great time with us and look forward to having you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We visited on a recent stay in Great Yarmouth- My kids always enjoy visiting Sealife Centres and we had some money off vouchers, so thought "why not"- especially as it was raining and we needed an undercover activity!

In comparison to the likes of Weymouth Sealife, G.Y Sealife is quite small (though just as expensive!), it didn't take us very long to get round it, but with a hand stamp we could come and go as we pleased, so we did the round twice!! The kids passport stamp activity is a nice touch too and keeps little ones attention- my daughter was also really pleased with the medal that she got for touching a star fish!!

There is a "Soft Play" area in the restaurant, which was a nice touch for younger visitiors, and the gift shop was well stocked with lots to choose from. We didn't eat in the Restaurant, so can't comment on the food there, but they were doing a really good "Kids eat free" deal, and checking out the price list, it all seemed really reasonably priced- wish we had eaten there rather than Harry Ramsdens up the road!!

sealifeuk, Manager at Sea Life Centre Great Yarmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Hi Niclouku,

Many thanks for taking the time to review our centre. We're always pleased to see that people put time in after their visit to review us.

Well done on getting the discount vouchers, it sounds like you made good use of the discount by visiting more than once throughout the day. We hope you got to see some of our many talks and feeds as well.

We're big fans of the Kids Eat Free deal as well!

We hope to have you back again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 July 2014

i recently visited GY sealife centre on 4th july with my partner and my 1 year old boy (it was his birthday).
first of all i would just like to explain my honest opinion on some other users issues with the place:-
it was a beautiful day and was nice to get out of the sun for an hour, a few days before i had been on trip advisor to just see about he place, despite having been a few years prior. alot of people had issues with price and school trips. my main issue with the sealife centre was in fact the price....but it is not hard to find a good deal for half price or £4 off p/person, tesco clubcard etc. so in fact i had purchased a pack of blue ribband biscuits which entitled me and my partner £8 off our entry free combined, with the small one getting in free regardless, so for the price it cost to get in, it did not seem all too bad at all knowing it takes between 30-45 mins to walk round, maybe abit longer if you have a keen interest in sealife as i do.

secondly the school children
after reading about some peoples visits being ruined by large groups of school children i was weary of this because although school children have as much right to enjoy attractions as anybody else, so many children in groups can really drain the fun out of the experience. before entering the sealife centre i noticed a VERY large groups of school children passing the centre and luckily for me and my family we hada lucky escape from lots of hyper screaming active kids. it wasnt until the very end before the photo kiosk where all the starfish exhibits are where it got very hot and rowdy with lots of schoolkids appearing out of nowhere, this area was distressing for my little boy who is only now able to walk aided by holding my hand and we wanted to let hi walk around to see what he wanted to see and we were met my kids constantly running past him and scaring him.

Another let down was the prices in the gift shop/cafe and photobooth. being our sons birthday we thought it would be good to get the photo bundle for £20 which for a birthday treat and good memory didnt seem too bad, but had it have been just a regular visit this would have seemed too pricey especially when u get home, mount the pictures and they curl up pretty quick so weve had to stick these in a photo album.

the gift shop varied from product to product as to what seemed pricey but again, a special occasion we turned a blind eye to emptying our wallets more freely.

as for the café, well we shared a coke between us and skipped takin my lad in the ball pit due to too many hyped kids.

although this review is probably coming off as very negative it was still enjoyable, informative and well maintained. fantastic for kids and brilliant for sealife lovers in general. Overall, if you want to come here and enjoy it, make sure you have plenty of ££ and try to come when it is least busy....a time i could not tell you 1) i dont know when that is 2) if you knew and i knew, you would be another patron in my way ;)

1  Thank Dan B
sealifeuk, Manager at Sea Life Centre Great Yarmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Dan B,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We really appreciate your feedback and especially your honesty.

Well done on finding the money off vouchers and with regards to the school children, it is, unfortunately, not something that we are able to control other than take them around in a group. They are accompanied by a member of staff to ensure that their visit continues at a good pace.

We're sorry to hear about the quality of the photos - this is something that we will pass onto the Events Photo Team (EPT) who run the photo operation for us.

We hope to have you back again in the near future, and hope that next time it is a 5 star review!

Kindest regards,