“not good”

Cuisines: British
cumbria
“not good”
Reviewed 8 July 2012

we decided to eat here one night and it would be about 6.30pm, the resaurant was empty but we thought we would have burger and chips, we placed the order and the 2 guys that were running the place put our food onto cook then went back to playing backgammon at one of the tables, no gloves were put on to prepare our food they checked on the food now and again inbetween checking his phone and texting, no handwashing took place, my huisband tried to make conversation with them about what game they were playing but got quite a short response, when they food came the chips tasted awful it could be the fat they are cooked in but we didn't enjoy them

Visited July 2012
3 Thank traveller19Cumbria

Kettering, Australia
“Breakfast is best”
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Go here if you want a good breakfast. Bit squashed in but the price was ok. Not good for the disabled as very little room to move a wheelchair. Took a while for it to be cooked but at least we new it was fresh.

Worcester, England, United Kingdom
“breakfast was 'ok'”
Reviewed 25 March 2012

we came here last year whilst staying on the haven seashore camp and wish we had eaten there insted my daughter who is 3 had scrambled egg on toast the toast was burnt and the egg was rubbery she said its yukky mummy ours was ok i suppose took along time for it to come and there isnt alot of room for buggies and high chairs had to keep moving my daughter for people to get past will give it a miss this year and the best chips are either the britania or the place at the end of the pier x

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank Carly H
stoke on trent
“dinner”
Reviewed 30 December 2011

very nice food good and very hot lots of choices and clean

Visited July 2011
1 Thank elaine m
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Freezer + Microwave = absolute disaster.”
Reviewed 27 August 2011

When I was recently in Yarmouth on a holiday with my family, we needed something to eat - and quickly. So, after walking a little way up the seafront we settled on the Olympia.
Big, big mistake.
After scanning the severely oversized menu, I had settled on a simple Pukka Pie and chips. My family ordered fish and chips each and we were then told to sit down to wait. this seemed strange, as most fish and chip shops are relatively quick service, but, I faithfully thought that the food could be cooked from fresh.
I thought wrong.
What followed was quite possibly the most uncomfortable 30 minutes I and my family have ever spent ordering chips. Things didn't start well when the "cook"(although I use that word very lightly) shuffled over the freezer. And took out a Pie and two pieces of fish.
Not a great start. And I wouldn't say that there was a lot of microwaves being used there, but with the amount of "pings" I would have thought I was Rory McIlroy's Caddy.
After half an hour of waiting for frozen food, we were told with a (laboured) smile that our food was ready. What I got was quite possibly the worst Pukka Pie I have ever tasted, which was blisteringly hot inside for 15 minutes after. My family got a piece of fish that is like the frozen fish you would get from a supermarket and the chips were absolute drivel.
I cannot believe some of the other reviews on this website - "Best chips we have ever had"? Seriously? The first two reviewers must be management.
The best chips in Yarmouth are without doubt from Rogers' near the hippodrome.
Not, from the Olympia.