“Little Gem”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Salford, United Kingdom
“Little Gem”
Reviewed 12 May 2011

From the outside, this place doesn't look that appealing, but the food, service and prices are top notch.

The food is lovely, and it is so cheap. I thought I had been undercharged. We ate on a Wednesday night, and were so impressed we went again the following night. We had 2 courses each, 2 beers each and the meal came to less than £60.00 for 4 of us.

• Visited April 2011

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Amazing little Thai restaurant - excellent service and good food”
Reviewed 25 February 2011

Popped out for lunch with the girls from the office to Dee Thai today - and what a pleasant surprise! I've probably walked past this restaurant hundreds of times and never really noticed it before - as they say, appearances can be deceptive.
Inside we were seated immediately by a charming waiter - we took it as a very good sign that one of the other tables of diners were a Thai family.
Our waiter served jasmine tea, prawn crackers and sweet chilli dipping sauce whilst we looked at the lunch menu - we were really surprised at the lunch offer, only £5.50 for two course, excellent value for such lovely food. I had spring rolls - interestingly made with breadcrumbs, not filo pastry, which were really nice, the spare ribs that my friend had looks delicious. For mains I had a green thai chilli, which was perfect - not too hot and with lots of veg and beautiful chicken, around the table we had a red thai chicken curry, a rather hot stir fry noodle curry with beef and beef in oyster sauce - all presented beautifully and pronounced delicious.
We decided to push the boat out and have pudding as well - my friend and I shared some deep fried ice cream and some lovely sticky coconut rice pudding, the other two shared a coconut pancake - all quite unusual and really good.
The excellent, friendly, speedy customer service, delicious food and price tag (just £8 each with a tip) makes this a top lunch-time choice! Will go back soon for a taste of the evening menu.

• Visited February 2011
London, United Kingdom
“Best in the town”
Reviewed 13 February 2011

Best value and taste you can get in GY. Can't really beat a two course lunch with soft drinks for £13
Plus very tasty as well. So deffo recommended.

London
“Fantastic Meal, Impeccable Servive”
Reviewed 17 January 2011

Visited early evening with wife and two young children (well behaved on this occasion)! Staff were attentive and incredibly polite. I had the "Asian Delight" seafood dish - best Thai dish I've ever tasted, no scrimping on seafood quantity or quality! Kids were given complimentary juice (with top-ups). Was busy for almost the whole two hours we were there. Highly recommended. Thank you!

• Visited January 2011
Norfolk
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ok if you want cheap & cheerfull”
Reviewed 16 January 2011

Called in with my wife at lunch time, lucky my wife is Thai as the waiters English leaves a bit to be desired, Parking outside wasnt possible and round the back was pay & display and not easy. What we ordered was ok and fairly cheap, but I guess you get what you pay for?

• Visited October 2010