“Closed and missed”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Dee Thai was an exceptional little place with an exceptional owner, Bang. I miss the delicious, authentic cooking and I miss the amazing hospitality of Bang. Please post if you know where he and his family have relocated. I'm ready to travel!

Reviewed 26 January 2012

This restaurant closed down in 2011. Owners have moved from Norfolk.

2  Thank Riggeruk
Reviewed 23 August 2011

What a treasure! A lovely restaurant that provides great food, excellent service and the little extras that make you remember your time there. My partner and I had such a lovely night there that we returned the next night. The food was delicious and the service exceptional. The food is embarrassingly cheap! The gentle, gracious service of the Thai people is unbeatable and this restaurant also serves delicious food. We travelled the world for three and a half months and this was one of the memorable restaurants during our holiday!

Reviewed 12 May 2011

From the outside, this place doesn't look that appealing, but the food, service and prices are top notch.

The food is lovely, and it is so cheap. I thought I had been undercharged. We ate on a Wednesday night, and were so impressed we went again the following night. We had 2 courses each, 2 beers each and the meal came to less than £60.00 for 4 of us.

Reviewed 25 February 2011

Popped out for lunch with the girls from the office to Dee Thai today - and what a pleasant surprise! I've probably walked past this restaurant hundreds of times and never really noticed it before - as they say, appearances can be deceptive.
Inside we were seated immediately by a charming waiter - we took it as a very good sign that one of the other tables of diners were a Thai family.
Our waiter served jasmine tea, prawn crackers and sweet chilli dipping sauce whilst we looked at the lunch menu - we were really surprised at the lunch offer, only £5.50 for two course, excellent value for such lovely food. I had spring rolls - interestingly made with breadcrumbs, not filo pastry, which were really nice, the spare ribs that my friend had looks delicious. For mains I had a green thai chilli, which was perfect - not too hot and with lots of veg and beautiful chicken, around the table we had a red thai chicken curry, a rather hot stir fry noodle curry with beef and beef in oyster sauce - all presented beautifully and pronounced delicious.
We decided to push the boat out and have pudding as well - my friend and I shared some deep fried ice cream and some lovely sticky coconut rice pudding, the other two shared a coconut pancake - all quite unusual and really good.
The excellent, friendly, speedy customer service, delicious food and price tag (just £8 each with a tip) makes this a top lunch-time choice! Will go back soon for a taste of the evening menu.