“Place has potential to improve”

Breydon Water Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Me,my son,daughter and 2 grandchildren aged 9 months and 2 1/2 yrs stayed on a Sun Holiday 12th to 16th May.
We stayed in Yare Village and used the indoor swimming pool in Bure.
The caravan we was given was the best I've ever stayed in,think we had a free upgrade to Gold Plus as it had radiators in every room,double glazing etc.
My Grandaughter loved the childrens little splash pool,and the lifeguard seemed very good,always alert from his perch.
We took the bus to Great Yarmouth one day,and visited Burgh Castle another.
Get the bus near the post office,it runs one an hour and timetables are available in the post office.
One problem I had was the entertainment centre,Bingo during kids times when kids are expected to be quiet,and then again if theres a quiz.
My Grandaughter made more noise protesting than she had when she was running around.
Surely this could be timed better as it's not family friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Park R, General Manager at Breydon Water Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am so pleased to read that the caravan was the best you have ever had and that your children enjoyed our facilities. I have passed on your comments regarding the bingo to our entertainments manager and I will personally thank the swimming pool team for their efforts during your stay.

Once again thank you for your feedback, and we hope to welcome you back to Breydon Water in the future.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We had a Friday to Monday break in a Gold caravan on the Yare Village site (Breydon Water is split into two sites) the caravan was beautiful! All the staff we encountered were friendly and great with children.

We didn't end up making use of the entertainment or facilities as it rained most of the time we were there so didn't fancy the outdoor stuff and we were all too tired in the evening to go to the entertainment complex. The site seemed very clean and well run.

Room Tip: Definitely worth upgrading to Gold, it's the first time we have and we will definitely do it ma...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. I am extremely happy to see that you found your caravan to be beautiful, the site to be clean and the team to be helpful and friendly.

We hope to see you back at Breydon in the future, and you may then be able to fit in the use of the entertainment facilities!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed @ this park for 2 nights on 9th May for our Son's 6th Birthday, we paid for 3 but due to school we had to leave a day early. I fb messaged the park to ask if they could make a fuss of him and see spark etc, they replied quickly to advise yes they would give him a birthday card from sparky rabbit which he loved!! We went to the restaurant and was not impressed the lasagne I had was so herby I couldn't tast anything else the garlic bread was also very salty so I left half of my dinner my husband also was not impressed with his mixed grill! Breakfast on the saturday was better and edible but not the best we've had tbh so we ate in yarmouth on saturday night which was nice! We went for breakfast on sunday at the restaurant and watched the chef take the food off the 'owners buffet' then walk in the kitchen rearrange on a plate and bring out to us after re heating my husband who eats anything!! Left half of his as it was not enjoyable!. Staff were all pleasant. We did not like the fact its all in one building we couldn't use the park or mini golf due to poor weather and didn't walk to other site as we were informed its only a swimming pool there? Entertainment at the park was fab and we couldn't fault it, we enjoyed sparky's party and the singer and band were good, entertainments team were lovely and my son was dancing with them most of the weekend which he enjoyed. The shop was quite hard to find and was small but had quite abit in, Overall we enjoyed our time here and had money left over which is unusual! I don't think we would return again but if we did I wouldn't mind its a pleasant park just not enough to do for us as a family personally!

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your stay with us at Breydon Water.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your break and that you found the park to be pleasant. I have passed on your feedback to the complex and restaurant manager who will ensure that the issues you have raised will be dealt with, and I have also passed on your kind feedback to the entertainments team.

We sincerely hope you will return to Breydon Water in the future.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

For some reason I had it in my mind that Park Resorts weren't all that great. I'd read reviews moaning about dogs and mess, reviews about guests and reviews about substandard accommodation. This weekend we stayed at Breydon water and it was delightful. The site is small but still has a play park, shop and entertainment complex. There are two 'villages' and they have mirror facilities - except one has the indoor pool and one the restaurant and entertainment bar.

Our accommodation was a gold plus caravan for 6. It was clean, tidy, well maintained and had a second toiler we weren't expecting. The main bedroom was huge for a caravan bedroom - the bed was king size, it had loads of space for a travel cot. It also had the extra toilet off it. The sofa bed in the lounge whilst being very comfy was quite small and would be a squeeze for 2 adults. The heating was lovely and warm. (We forgot to take a bathmat - it would have been helpful next to the shower.)

The pool was really warm. Our only issues was that at 1.25 metres all over our 6 year old couldn't reach the bottom. He does swim, but could have done with touching the bottom at times. Also - at busy times they work on a band system, which is great - but we seemed to be the last ones given the band and then told to get out the pool about 30 minutes later. On discussion with the lifeguard he said we could stay a few more minutes - but it had spoilt it a bit. My advice would be to check if you are one of the last with the bands. Confirm what time they will call you out, and also consider waiting for the next session if like us you have 3 kids to get changed and it takes a while.

Don't miss walking up to Burgh Castle - next to the site. It is a remarkable castle and great site to see. You also end up by the broads and the river and it is beautiful.

We didn't use the entertainment facilities this time so cannot comment.

We had a Groupon and upgraded the caravan. This was absolutely excellent value for what it was. In fact it was such good value we took it knowing we were only able to stay for 2 of the 3 nights we had booked.

The customer service was great when I phoned to book the break, and again when I phoned having purchased the groupon voucher. This was followed up with clear countdown e-mails which contained reminders of what to bring with you.

Overall it was an excellent break for the cost. The only reason I haven't given it a higher rating is that I am comparing it to other caravan parks and think it is on par with them rather than exceeding them - although customer service staff were ace.

Room Tip: For 6 people book a caravan for 8.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for providing feedback on your stay with us at Breydon Water. I am so happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us. I have personally passed on your kind feedback to the swimming pool and accommodation teams who are as delighted as I am to receive it.

We hope to see you return to Breydon Water in the future.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Had a fantastic time here,entertainment staff very friendly to my three year old daughter also the main reception staff very helpful, swimming pool clean and pleasant,would defiantly re visit the park. The drinks were over priced at the showbar but this is normal for a holiday park, a short walk through the surroundings and you are taken to Burgh castle which was interesting and had lots of information about the roman ruins. There is a tesco express within a less than ten minute drive away from park. Also a site shop however again slightly over priced for some items. A fifteen twenty minute walk away there is a great public house which overlooks the broads, great time and would highly recommend :-)

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank slwdmw
Park R, General Manager at Breydon Water Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at Breydon Water.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us, and that you found the team to be friendly and the swimming pool clean and pleasant. As you have mentioned in your review, we are very lucky to be located right on the edge of the Norfolk broads and its many attractions, whilst still only ten minutes from the busy town of Great Yarmouth and its beaches.

Once again thank you for your feedback, and we hope you return to Breydon Water soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

after looking on the web we decided to take a drive to look at the park before we booked anything, what a welcome we received, shown where everything was by Vicky who couldn't have been more helpful and friendly. we booked there and then and returned last week for a great stay. all staff are friendly and made us feel welcome, our accommodation was clean and had everything we needed and the grandchildren enjoyed the childrens activities, especially the pink rabbit
would recommend this park and will definitely be returning again soon

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I am so pleased that you had a great stay with us, and I will personally pass on your feedback to Vikki-Marie, the accommodation team and of course Sparkle, the pink rabbit!

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed at the holiday park last month, have been before and loved it so went back for more! Lots for everyone to do, no time for kids to be bored! On checking in the staff were very helpful as always and when went to rebook for July before we left Vikki-Marie couldn't have been any more helpful and helped us choose the best accommodation to suit our needs! Look forward to seeing all the friendly staff again soon :)

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor regarding your stay with us.

I am so pleased to read that you have also previously enjoyed a break with us, so much so that you came back for more!
I will pass on your feedback to the entire team, and personally thank Vikki-Marie for helping you choose the right accommodation to suit your needs.