“Lifeguards at Burgh Village swimming pool.”

Breydon Water Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Norfolk, United Kingdom
“Lifeguards at Burgh Village swimming pool.”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I would like to say a big Thankyou to Sam and Jamie who recently went out of there way to get into the pool and find half of my diamond ring that had come apart that was on the floor of the pool, the ring meant a lot to me and I really appreciated what they did for me!
Also, they are always polite and always go out there way to help you anyway they can.
Thankyou!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Stacey S
Park R, General Manager at Breydon Water Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for your review, especially your kind comments regarding Sam and Jamie.

We receive great feedback about the team in the swimming pool especially Sam & Jamie, so I will personally go and thank them for their efforts in helping you during your visit.

We hope to see you again soon.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We decided to try Yare Village at breydon water after a previously bad experience at a different park resorts which resulted in a free trip. I was expecting the worse and was very pleasantly surprised. The caravan a silver plus was lovely, spacious, clean and in fully working order.

Breakfast was nice and all the staff we spoke to were very good. We didn't get to use the pool as it said it was closed and I didn't see a soft play as advised. The childrens daytime entertainment range could do with extending to include more things but the session we did try we enjoyed.

Just a short drive in to Yarmouth which we found good for a day out and very clean.

Thank you for our trip.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for reviewing your stay at Breydon Water.

I am happy that you had an enjoyable time at Breydon after a bad experience elsewhere. I apologise for the miscommunication regarding the soft play area and will ensure this is no longer advertised here. I will pass on your constructive feedback to the Entertainments team and would like to mention that the programme fluctuates depending on the time of year.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we hope you will return in the future.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I wouldn't book here again! We 'upgraded' to a silver from a bronze and it was falling apart! We viewed the bronze we should have had and it looked gorgeous..The food was horrible DO NOT order a small burger its like a piece of leather and the Pork bap is made of reconstructed meat of some sort....on the other hand the staff try to do their best..Live entertainment could be a quiz night (which personally goes on far too long) or a murder mystery video..ok live it is not and when the illusionist did his act and lit his paper rose we found ourselves in the car park for 20mins ...it was all amusing but hard work I will say Vicki-Marie is amazing and sorted us out but the experience has really put us off going again ...sorry

Room Tip: go gold plus they are beautiful caravans
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tina R
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Breydon Water.

I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your break and disappointed to read that you found your accommodation to be less than satisfactory. The feedback we generally receive regarding both accommodation and the quality of the food in the restaurant is positive, but again I apologise if this was not your experience. I would be grateful if you could contact me via gm.breydonwater@park-resorts.com with a booking reference number or number of the accommodation you stayed in so that I can personally inspect it.

Once again I am sorry that you did not enjoy your time at Breydon, and I do hope you might return in future so that we can restore your faith in us.

UK
Reviewed 2 July 2014

decided on a last minute weekend break, staff were friendly and accommodating, we arrived around 10.30pm and the keys were left by the entertainment area. Impressed by the size of the caravan and found the park to be quiet and great way to relax and unwind

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to read that you had a relaxing and quiet break at Breydon Water and that you were pleased with your holiday home. I will pass on your kind comments to the entire park team, who will be as thrilled as I am to read it.

I hope to see you return soon.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

we stayed at the Yare village,we paid extra to upgrade to premium accomadation it was not as we expected.We were unaware that the indoor pool was on the other site so we didnt get to use that either . shop had closed earlier than stated on door so had to find alternative . the staff were friendly and the site was well maintained, and Yarmouth and Gorleston were very clean with loads of things to do.

2 Thank visitor840
Thank you for posting feedback on TripAdvisor. I apologise that your accommodation did not meet with your expectations on this occasion but I am pleased to read you found the staff to be friendly and the site well maintained.

I am sorry that you were not aware of the indoor pool being located on the Bure Village. We will ensure that this is communicated more effectively through both the park team and our 3rd party partners going forward.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to Breydon Water in the future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Booked for breydon water last minute decided to get away for a long weekend. We had an amazing time everyone was very friendly and helpful. The campsite was perfectly set out with an allocated pitch so you had your own room without anyone stumbling over you. Couldn't fault the facilities showers and toilets were cleaned regularly with nice hot water and a hair dryer, sadly only one socket for yor own hair dryer so not sure what it will be like when busy in the women's facilities. Entertainment was good kept us busy for a few ours, food was also tasty and good value for money. Location is excellent with a nice walk onto the Norfolk broads and only a short drive to Great Yarmouth town and beach front. Overall a lovely get away nice location very quiet would recommend for campers and caravaners :)

• Stayed June 2014
Park R, General Manager at Breydon Water Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for providing feedback on your stay at Breydon Water.
I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your last minute break with us, and that you found everything from the pitch to the entertainment and food to be excellent value for money.

We really hope to see you return to Breydon in the near future.

Leicester
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from a 9 night break at Breydon water with family to celebrate my Dad's 60th Birthday. We had our 1st two nights at the Burgh village site which was great we were greated by friendly reception staff and the caravan was superb. We then moved onto the other site for the next 5 nights so upon checking out at 10 we had too weight till 4 to check into the other caravan. Staff took my number and told me they would ring when it was ready, after receiving a call at 2.30 saying it was ready I was then told this was actually not the case as it was in fact another family members caravan that was ready. Caravan was also unclean as we found cerals in the cupboard from previous occupiers. Other than this it was a good stay good park, good amenities and excellent staff (Davey at the bar especially). Well worth a visit to the Fishermans pub and Burgh castle itself as both only 5 minute walk.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. I am happy to read that you had a good holiday with us at Breydon Water.

I sincerely apologise for the cleanliness of your second caravan, and can assure you that this is not normally the case as we generally receive very positive feedback about the standard of our accommodation. I also apologise for the mix-up with regards to the timing of the caravan being ready to enter, and will investigate this with the accommodation manager to ensure that this does not happen again.

I will pass on your feedback to the park team, and personally thank Davey from the complex team for his efforts in ensuring you enjoyed your time with us.

We hope to see you again in the future.