“Would recommend for short stay”

Breydon Water Holiday Park - Park Resorts
“Would recommend for short stay”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We took our two under 5 children for a long weekend. On arrival we found the caravan clean and tidy, the park was walking distance and so was the indoor swimming pool. We were a little surprised that the park was across two locations so had to travel to the other park for amusements and entertainment which was a 10 minute walk...however was nice to have a walk and we had the car for quick trips. The night time entertainment was good and found staff helpful and friendly. There was no problem with noise levels (we had the kids in bed at 9 and both slept through). I would recommend for short breaks and would be ideal for a week holiday if you are not intending on staying on the camp too much during the day.

• Stayed August 2014
Park R, General Manager at Breydon Water Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for your review. I am so happy to read that you and your family enjoyed your time at Breydon Water and that you found it to be peaceful enough to have your little ones in bed by 9pm!

Once again thank you for your feedback, and we hope to welcome you back to Breydon Water in the future.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Just returned from Breydon water, we took our camper and awning. The pitch size was 9mx 9m more than enough. We traveled with another family, so we had enough room for the kids to play inbetween the awnings, and somewhere to sit and chat at night. 99% of Other campers were respectful coming back to their tents at night.
The night time entertainment was ok, you have bingo every night that is combined with other park resorts. The kids loved the entertainment for them games and prizes. I will say the entertainment in the evening seemed to be a bit jumbled and not very streamline. The "green coats" need to work better together. There always seems to be a queue for the bar.
Everywhere is clean and tidy.
The camping toilets and showers were fairly clean in the morning, but got worse as the day went on. They really need to be cleaned every hour. That does not mean mop the floor every hour. Our friends With whom we went had to have access to the disabled facilities. These were not cleaned at all during outer stay!
All in all we had a good time. And we will be back :)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us, that you found the pitches to be a good size and that your children enjoyed the entertainment.
I will pass on your comments to the Entertainments manager who I am sure will value the feedback, and I will also ensure that the cleaning of the facilities on the touring field is stepped up further in this busy time.

Once again thank you for your feedback, as it enables us to continually improve our service to our guests. We hope to see you again soon.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We decided early July we wanted a night away camping and we came across Breydon water the price was very good and so we booked in.
We arrived to be greeted by friendly staff who showed us on the map and also gave directions of where to go and was informed we would be greeted by the park warden, sure enough when we got round the corner there was the warden to show us to our pitch.
Once we had set up the children and fella wanted to go swimming and as we had the dog with us I decided to watch. The outdoor pool was clean and looked nice I was also told by a member of staff I could sit in the outdoor decking area with the dog.
The children enjoyed the evening entertainment and we all seemed to have a enjoyable night despite the weather being a little wet

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your kind feedback on your recent stay with us at Breydon Water.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit and I hope you will return in the future.

hemel hempstead
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights in a privately let caravan after having a 3 night break at a nearby Haven site. I cannot comment on Park Resorts accommodation here but I will provide a review on the things I can comment on.
Reception staff: Brilliant, so helpful nothing was too much trouble.
Bar staff: Friendly, helpful.
Food: best food I have had at a Park Resorts site
Pools: Outdoor pool with the slide was excellent. We all LOVED it. The pool was a nice temperature and the changing areas were very clean.
Indoor Pool: quite nice, very friendly staff, could do with a small slide or something for the kids.
Location: Very close to Yarmouth, Gorleston and the Broads.
Entertainment: Evening entertainment for the kids was spot on.The Team stars were great, the characters good, and this beat Havens evening entertainment for the kids hands down.
We didn't get to experience much evening entertainment for the adults having a 5 year old and 3 year old with us, however what we were impressed with was that Bingo didn't go on too long, so the kids didn't get too bored, the female singer we watched one night was amazing, she had a brilliant voice and sang all upbeat songs that everyone enjoyed listening and dancing to. Again this beat Havens evening entertainment hands down.
The Showbar I think must have been newly renovated, it is a really lovely space and not too big, which was great for us with young kids.
What I will say is that the prizes for the kids are very dire considering how much money Park Resorts must make. When the kids won a competition in the evening they were presented with a sticker. I am SURE that Park Resorts could afford to give out something a bit more decent that a sticker! Perhaps one of the soft toys of one of the characters or something. The children and adults would appreciate this a lot more! Especially when we are spending a lot of money at the site!
All in all I would recommend this site. It is best suited to those with younger kids aged under 10 I would say. We had a really enjoyable stay and would definitely visit here again. We used to be bigger fans of Haven sites, but after our stay here we would much prefer to stay at this Park Resorts site again than one of the local Haven sites.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank bernard1979
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Breydon Water.

I am happy to read that you found the staff to be brilliant, the outdoor pool excellent and the food to be the best you have had. I will pass on your feedback regarding the prizes to the Entertainments Manager as well as your other feedback to the entire park team.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you back at Breydon one day.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the park for a week in a bronze caravan. We were well aware of what we purchased so were not expecting nothing flash however i would still expect some level of cleanliness as when we got into the carvan, the oven was very dirty and we had to wash this. The mirrors and glasswear were all smeared and the bathroom stunk of damp, the curtains had loads of thread sticking from them and the front room unit bases were worn. With that said the beds provided were comfy for the six people staying here (earwigs were found in the front room bed along with a few other small insects).

The park itself is ideal for families with young children and not so good for older teenagers due to activity availability. The pools were great however could do with staying open a little later in hot summer months.

All staff were extremely helpfull on the site.

Great yarmouth is 15 min drive and would certainly recommend a visit to the norfolk broads 35 min away froma wroxham.

We did nlt eat on site however there are local tesco and asda supermarkets 10 min drive away.

For the pub drinkers i would recommend the fisherman pub.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Michael D
Thank you for your review. I apologise that your accommodation did not meet with your expectations with regards to its cleanliness. I have to say this is not the norm at Breydon Water. We don’t appear to have any record of this during your stay and if the problems had been reported to us we would have dealt with them swiftly. I will discuss your feedback with the accommodation manager to ensure we do not allow this to happen again.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the friendliness of the team and quality of the swimming pools, and we will certainly take on board your feedback regarding the opening times.

Once again, thank you for your review.

Sandy, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

This is the second trip here for camping and the change from last year to this one is massive, and all downhill. For those who are looking for clean toilets and good service in the bar and restaurant avoid this site! They have spent money on the pool area and made it worse! By concentrating on static caravans they have reduced their staffing levels so much it is now almost non existent.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Mark C
Firstly, thank you for putting forward your views on Breydon Water.

The toilet facilities on the touring field are checked regularly throughout the day and are also cleaned at regular intervals during the night. I apologise if you feel this was not the case, and I will discuss your comments with the wardens directly and ensure that further inspections take place during busy times.

I will also discuss your comments regarding the service in the bar with the complex manager who I am sure will address any issues with the team. I have to say I am surprised that you do not feel the outdoor pool has improved since your last visit, as every other form of feedback we have had has been fantastic.

I would also like to reassure you that despite your experience we value our touring guests just as much as those who choose to use a static holiday home, and the service we provide to both is equally as important to me personally.

Once again I apologise if your stay with us failed to meet with your expectations, and I do hope you will return to Park Resorts in the future.

Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a week from the 26 July, myself & my 3 children & my mum & my 3 neices. We booked a gold plus caravan & were immediately impressed with the size (2 toilets) & the cleanliness of everything from the shower to the oven! This cleanliness was continued throughout the whole park, including outside pool area & the changing huts. We visited the indoor pool aswell also good. Lots to do, though saying that the children were just as happy running around with all the friends they'd made. The only negative comment i have is the pools & go karting shutting at 5 & 6 does seem silly esp as it's school hols & the outdoor pool seems very popular. We were lucky enough to be there for the outdoor screening of frozen - fantastic kids thoroughly loved it! In driving reach of everything you need, co-op literally 2/3 min drive away, Yarmouth 10/15 min & a defo winner with us was Gorleston Beach beautifully sandy & on a hot sunny day could easily be abroad. Staff were all friendly & helpful equally so were other people on site. So from someone who doesn't do "caravans" thankyou Park Resorts my children & neices had a superb time & made some lovely long lasting memories. Would defo caravan again :)

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Roz E
Thank you for your review. I am extremely happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us at Breydon Water and that you found your accommodation and the rest of the park to be clean. We will take on board your constructive feedback regarding the opening times of the facilities and this will no doubt help us improve on our service in the future.

Once again thank you for your feedback, and we hope to see you back at Breydon Water in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Great Yarmouth
#53 of 98 in Great Yarmouth
Waveney River Centre
Waveney River Centre
#1 of 1 in Burgh St Peter

Been to Breydon Water Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!