“excellent going back to cali cliffs after 24 yrs!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Great Yarmouth
Reviewed 18 October 2013

fab fri to mon break at california cliffs! we used to go twice a year up until 24 yrs ago! so was very excited to be going back! it was as expected still amazing!!on arrival at 4.30pm,i was offered a van across the road,but as i was so excited about going back there after sooo long,i asked if we could have one on the actual site not across the road,which the friendly helpful lady behind reception promptly changed vans for us!!!! we had d56.not far from the club.on arriving,and with my cleanliness ocd"s..i was preparing to have to re clean the van...but to my amazement(and past resorts vans being unfit for dogs let alone humans)...i was VER VERYYYY happy with the cleaning that was done prior to arrival! it was i have to say SPOTLESSLY CLEAN!!! go you great cleaners!! well done!! we loved the bronze van,and the site was also clean,and everything in the site!beds were ok,bit hard..but we layered up the quilts to make them softer..but thats prob just our backs that are used to softer,so not calis fault.all in all thankyou sooo much for the break at cali cliffs.we loved it.HOWEVER. we will not be booking thru the sun hols ever again!!! as it in all cost us £90!!! we will however def book cali cliffs again next year thru the resort itself!!!! A BIG THANKYOU TO HELPFUL FRIENDLY STAFF,AND ALL THAT WORK THERE.xx

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Park R, General Manager at California Cliffs Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Wow, 24 years ago! We are glad you came back and we were able to move you to a more suited area!

Our cleaners work extremely hard to make sure that our accommodation is up to standard, I am sorry that you found the beds hard. I am thrilled that you had a great time, see you again next year!

01493 730 584

Write a ReviewReviews (1,119)

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Excellent holiday very clean caravan lovely site lots to do entertainment brilliant. Staff were so lovely and caring, looking in to buy caravan there. I don't know how people thought this place Any problems and they were resolved in seconds. Brilliant holiday hello to all the staff and thank you for a great holiday.
Who ever tuns this park down must be in coo coo land

• Stayed: September 2013

Hello, and thank you for your excellent review.

We hope to see you on park soon!

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Had a midweek stay with the family and everyone enjoyed themselves, we had a caravan and was offered an upgrade by the friendly helpful staff and the price was good, great entertainment for my teenage boys and swimming pool was nice and the boys used the outside waterslide as the weather was nice, the park itself was clean and lots to do for the whole family and the beach is walkin distance and beautiful we would definatley stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review, I am glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, we look forward to welcoming you back to California Cliffs in the future.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Had an excellent week at california cliffs with my family we booked a disabled unit which we were told we could check in at 1:30pm but we managed to get checked in by 1pm. (bonus) Reception staff were very helpful by giving us our welcome guides and directions to our accomodation one lady named danielle in particular.
We arrived at our caravan wheelchair acess was perfect for my wife, caravan was spotlessly clean and well equipt only one slight hiccupthe following morning we didnt have a frying pan but that was soon resolved by a young lad.
evening entertaintment was very good. entertainers deffinatly deserve a bonus this year!
food was reasonably priced and large portions and serving time was within reason.
didnt go into the pool myself but grandchildren had a lovely time in there.

we will most deffinatly return here next year for our family holiday!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

What an excellent review following your excellent stay with us. I am pleased that you got to check in early and you found the team helpful.

I am glad that you received your frying pan quickly in the morning! We will certainly look forward to you and your family returning to us next year.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Just had a week at california cliffs. Got to comment we had a bronze caravan because we took our dog. We have to say it was very clean and well equipped. check in was quick and easy. Blonde lady in reception was very helpful and informative. We enjoyed the pool. Entertainment was typical holiday park style. Food was average but very slow service. All staff very friendly. All in all enjoyed our week. Would return.

1  Thank carlx444

I am pleased that you enjoyed your week at California Cliffs, we always endeavor to provide our guests with a quick service.

I am sorry that on this occasion we let you down with the food service, I will pass on your comments regarding this.

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here last week fri-mon on a sun holiday. We only chose a bronze caravan but it still cost £90 for 3nights (not as cheap as they make out) ... anyway, we were really looking forward to a break away. We travelled as a family of 6 including 2 toddlers. On arrival, we were told we couldn't check in until 4pm. When we finally got keys, we drove through the maze of caravans to find ours. There are no proper roads between caravans, its bizarre. The caravan had mash potato over the living room floor, there was underwear left on the bedroom floor and the gril pan was full of crumbs and melted cheese... this caravan had not been cleaned at all!! Although it had 3 bedrooms, It was far too small for 6 guests. I appreciate that we only chose the bronze caravan but I still expected it to be clean and comfy. We couldn't have done a week in it, and I was not happy with my children crawling on the floor as the whole caravan needed a good scrub!! We had a drink in the bar, the staff were lovely but completely understaffed, felt sorry for them. It put us off ordering food. The site, in my opinion, is in need of a good overhaul. Its tired and not a patch on the wild duck haven site that we'd stayed at in Belmont a few miles away, earlier in the year. That is a fantastic site and much more better value for money. I would avoid here and certainly would never return!

2  Thank nirvana1980
Park R, General Manager at California Cliffs Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you for your review, I am sorry you were delayed picking your keys up and it was not made clear to you where your caravan was. There is absolutely no excuse for the caravan not being clean and if reported to our reception immediately we would have moved you immediately, please accept my sincere apologies for the state of the caravan. I would recommend that a Silver grade accommodation would be more suitable for 6 people as they are 12 foot wide especially with four adults. Many of our team live on the park and are at hand to assist where necessary, I am sorry you didn't order food as we have had some positive feedback this year, although it sounds like on the night the team may have been stretched.I am sorry that you have decided not to return to us due to the feedback from our regular guests we have made some significant changes and investment over the winter period. I hope you consider us in the future.

California Cliffs Holiday Park

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights from Monday to Friday with my husband and daughter. After a long 4 hour drive we were looking forward to checking into our accommodation. We booked a silver caravan which was listed as "luxury" on the booking website Breakfree Holidays and could therefore check in at 2.30pm.

After struggling to find somewhere to park the car when I arrived (there were a few spaces outside reception - all full up and holiday makers arriving were just parking anyway blocking the roads) - chaos to say the least.

The receptionist in reception advised me that my keys weren't in reception after casually scanning through the box of keys and welcome packs and coldly told me to return in 5 minutes as accommodation wasn't ready. I waited 5 minutes and spoke to another receptionist who found my keys straight away in the same box - I did not see anyone put the keys in the box during that period of time and it seemed rather petty to not allocate my keys at 2.25pm when my caravan was clearly ready for my arrival. In general the reception staff were not approachable, friendly or made any effort to wish me or any other holiday makers in the room a happy holiday - not very good customer service or first impression of Park Resorts.

The caravan itself was barely luxury as declared on the website. The carpets were fraying at the edges coming away from the walls which were dirty in the living area, the furnishings were shabby and table was badly chipped with the edges peeling off. The toilet obviously hadn't been cleaned - to put it politely there were stains in their from the last user. There was massive amounts of toothpaste all over the bathroom wall which had evidently been there for some time, stains on the single bed mattresses (green) and in the kitchen there were substantial amounts of crumbs in the cupboards. I didn't feel the reception staff were approachable to discuss these issues so rectified what I could of the cleaning issues myself - great start to a holiday! To add insult to injury I had to pay an addition with my booking via Breakfree for cleaning - what cleaning I actually paid for I would love to know, if anything they should have paid me to clean the caravan!

Me and my husband fell ill on this holiday - it wouldn't surprise me if this was down to the poor cleanliness of the caravan that we had to clean.

Every time I used the oven the ignition kept blowing out, on average about 6 or 7 times per meal. It took nearly all evening to cook a simple dish which should have only taken half an hour.

The location of my caravan was behind others which meant some days being unable to get car out without having weave in and out of the tight spaces inbetween caravans in the hope that other holiday makers were out so we could leave the site - god help people during peak season.

On the plus side the caravan did have central heating which was essential as very cold when we visited. The shower was powerful with plenty of hot water.

The arcade was smaller than expected, but luckily there's a bigger and better arcade over the road from the park called Pink Palace. Next door to this was a Chinese takeaway which I would highly recommend - fabulous food and one of the best Chinese takeaways I have eaten in a long time.

The restaurant was a massive let down. We decided to try it one evening for our main meal. There was only one person working behind the bar who was also the waiter (wouldn't surprise me if he cooked it too). I also saw him picking litter the next day on the park grounds, so very understaffed, poor guy. The food was overpriced and highly processed, obviously out of a tin or frozen microwave meal - avoid at all costs, don't waste your money here!

All in all, not much to do on the park, they have a pool, arcade and evening entertainment along with an outdoor playground for older kids (not suitable for toddlers). It would of been great to have a toddler soft play area, internet café, more food outlets/restaurants at today's standards.
Luckily we spent each day visiting the local area. Yesterday World was brilliant and they do serve a superb cream tea at a reasonable price. Time and Tide was also worth the visit. Park Resorts did supply a discount attractions booklet which did come in handy - £1 off entry at both of these places per adult.

I certainly felt let down by Park Resorts - the park and caravan look nothing like the pictures on the website/brochure - don't be food and give it a miss and go to Cherry Tree Park instead nearby - miles better!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family