“Looking forward to returning next year”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Great Yarmouth
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Another great holiday. We took the offer up of going a day early. So glad we did it was nice to have a full weekend there. Had a warm welcome from Karen and Kyle. The caravan was lovely (J31) The caravan was spotless. We are all looking forward to seeing part 2 of the referbishment to the water side. Was nice to see the team stars. Sophie 2 fitted in very well. Was lovely to have a catch up with Laura and Chole as well. Well the first night at the club had to be the worse ever. I couldn't believe the behavior and language from a few certain holiday makers. If they like haven holiday parks so much then go there, probably banned if they act like that all the time. I really did feel sorry for all the team stars in the situation they was in. They all handled it very well. Security ended up coming in. I am very glad there is security. All security are great. I think Alan from security is great, such a laugh. Glad to see Paul is still in the hire shop. Had good chats with Paul about Norwich city football club. Had some great laughs on the crazy golf. The electric scooters are great had a great time on them. Had some lovely meals in the water side. Good service and good prices. I recommend trying the breakfast. Very tasty and sets you up for the day. Stephen is great on the bar. He knew my drink and got it ready for me while I was getting my bingo tickets. The shop was well stocked which is good because it is coming to end of season. Good bus service over the road. Lovely clean beach. Booked for twice next year. Booking was easy with good polite service from Nicole. We had slight issue's with caravan in May but all sorted but thanks to the manager for the vouchers we receive when we arrived in September. We had a lovely meal with the vouchers. Thanks Cali cliffs for another lovely holiday. See you in May.

• Stayed: September 2013
Park R, General Manager at California Cliffs Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Thank you for your review, I am pleased to hear that you made the most of having an extra day with us.

It's great to hear that you had the chance to catch up with some of the team, old and new. I'm sorry that you witnessed poor behaviour in the club by some of our guests, I hope you can appreciate that as a family holiday park we do not tolerate this type of behaviour, and although we can not guarantee that all our guests behave themselves but we do ensure that our security team are always on hand in case such a situation arises!

I do hope this did not ruin your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in May!

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Stayed here on the half term weekend, arrived late and was checked in by security.who said if any problems with the caravan they would fix it straight away. We was positioned quite near the clubhouse so was convienent . However when arriving to caravan, we noticed that we couldn't turn on the heating, and the kitchen lights didn't work. So when we went out to e club that night we advised security of the problems, he replied that he would put it on the job sheet for tomorrow.
We were quite dumbfounded as was told earlier that they would fix anything.
However we got over this by eating in he resturant, but didn't find the meals at all appealing, next we went o he clubhouse, and although very small, the children enjoyed the entertainment.
The youngsters were really good, but I do think the older team member has had his day.
The next day when we awoke, the maintenance team were outside and began changing light bulbs and mending the gas fire. Put wen they moved the table to get to the fire, the table fell apart. They immediately took this away, but we had two small babies anything could of happened.
There's not a lot to do during the day, the swimming pool was to cold to go n as the boiler had some sort if a problem, and the entertainment for he children was basic.
In all the holiday was exhausting, trying to find things to do for the children. The caravan was not the cleanest when we arrived, and I was totally amazed when having payed out for bed linen to be made up. We was left a bag that we had to put the dirty sheets in!
All in all the children enjoyed it.
The shop, was very under stocked and quite expensive. But once you are at the site you are quite limited to we're you can go, the amusement arcade was a joke,the machines kept stopping, or just took your money and didn't work, it was a constant calling the attendant to get our money back.
It was a nice little camp. But once the clubhouse is full you have no chance off getting a table if you arrive later in the evening. The entertainment is average, and the them members good except for egg, who seems that he is ready for his retirement.
But the kids enjoyed themselves, however we wouldn't be returning again.

Room Tip: Upgrade your caravan
1  Thank Julie L

Thankyou for your review.

I would firstly like to apologise that security did not come out to your caravan to fix your heating and lights, all of our team are instructed to solve problems where they can or seek advice if they can't. Can you please give me a call at the park and advise me of the dates you stayed so that I can investigate the matter further?

I am sorry that you felt the meals were not appealing, we have had great feedback from our restaurant this year but it would be great if you could provide us with a little bit more detail. I am pleased that your children enjoyed the entertainment.

I am sorry about the table but I am glad to hear that the team removed this immediately. We did have a major issue with our swimming pool boilers which we had not experienced before, these boilers are being replaced over the closed season to ensure that this does not happen again.

We do not expect our guests to strip the beds, we leave the bag in the caravan as previous feedback showed that some guests prefer to do this. The on site shop is a convenience store and unfortunately we do not have the buying power to match big brand stores.

Thank you for your feedback on the arcade, I will certainly keep an eye on this to spot any trends as we have not had this feedback before. Thank you for your comments on the park , I am sorry that you will not be returning. We take our guests feedback seriously and try and make improvements where needed.

Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed with friends here at the end of the season first weekend of november for four days. We booked two bronze caravans through the sun holidays so was a bargain break and but we were pleasently surprised when we arrived that the caravans, although basic, was clean, comfortable and was quite modern. They were six birth caravans but we had four adults in one and one adult and two children in the second and l would say that was enough, two small bedrooms although you could convert the seating area into another bed. Gas firevin the living area that once you had the knack of getting it on warmed the caravan quite well as there was no heating in the bedrooms or bathroom. Only annoying thing was the boiler kept going off so kept having to put it back on to get hot water. Park itself was clean with fair amount of space between caravans but could do with concrete parking areas as it got quite muddy. On site restaurant could definitley do with being bigger and with enough staff, poor guy behind the bar was trying to run it on his own and take food orders and then being called to cover reception, food was fairly good but there was a kids play area in the same area so kids running about when people are trying to eat. Clubhouse fairly small we only went in one night, good entertainment for younger kids, good adult entertainment, started quite late in the evening though and didnt seem very long in comparison. Small shop, fish and chip shop and laundrette on site, we only went into shop twice was not stocked well as it was end of season which was a shame. Park itself was nice and close to the beach, which even in november was lovely but was a bit further from Great Yarmouth than we thought and definitley not close enough to walk and we only saw one bus the whole time we were there, not everyone drives so a service provided by park resorts from the park to great yarmouth would be good. All in all a good park but could do with some improvements/expansion.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank HaylesR100
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We booked a half term 4 nights break through a newspaper offer. We arrived late (as a result of a storm the night before) so were checked in by Security, who we found to be very helpful. Our caravan was nice and well stocked, but the mud outside, caused by car parking outside the caravans was a bit problematic - I'd certainly advise anyone going this time of years to bring wellies.
The park is clean and the staff friendly. We found the children's entertainment quite unimaginative: every evening was a repeat of the children lining up to have their photograph taken with the mascot and drawing pictures. The entertainment in the mornings was quite chaotic and appeared disorganised.
The pool was warm, but the changing room, around the side of the pool are a bit dated - it would be nice to have a hairdrying area for example.
We tried the fish and chips which was nice.
Overall for the price we paid we have no complaints.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Keg1980

Thank you for your comments, I am glad that security were helpful when you checked in, we do get many late arrivals and we always make sure that our guests receive the help they need even when reception is closed.

I would like to apologise for the mud, this can become an issue especially after prolonged rainfall. I can assure you that we do have a regular re-turfing programme to overcome this.

Thank you for your feedback about the entertainment, the reviews that we have received around the entertainment has been great this year but I also understand that entertainment is a personal choice and I respect your views.

Regarding a hair drying area around the pool, that is a great idea, I will keep an eye on the reviews to see if this becomes a trend.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Booked a 'gold plus' caravan for a two night trip as visiting family in the area. Opted for top grade of caravan as had proper central heating and goinf with 2 small children in October. Met at check in by very friendly staff and had no problem find caravan. Caravan was almost new, spotless and very comfortable. Had clearly been empty for a few weeks as boiler wouldn't light. Called reception and engineer arrived within 10 minutes and fixed problem.

The caravan was well equiped and comfortable. Could park outside. Very warm also. Plenty of room in lounge area with a pull out bed.

The site was fine with a good playground for the toddler and swimming pool. Nice arcade area and large restaurant. Childrens entertainment on Saturday morning run by a very enthusiastic lady who got the kids engaged.

Few minor things to be aware of. The travel cot had no chance of fitting into any of the bedrooms (we used pull out bed in lounge as had 10 week old baby). The shop on site was poorly stoked and had lots of empty shelves. This may have been becuase we visited at the end of half term week, but still annoying. The chip shop on site cooks to order, thus on a busy Saturday night we waited 15-20 minutes with a hungry toddler and about 20 other guests. The site is geared towards caravan sales and felt the need to part caravans in the middle of the main road into the site. Also, the site is not amazingly well lit at night.

Overall we enjoyed our stay and would use California Cliffs again.

Room Tip: Gold plus caravans have domestic style heating and are very warm
1  Thank CriticalTraveller35

Thank you for your review.

It's great to hear that you found your accommodation warm and comfortable especially with small children and that your boiler was fixed promptly. Unfortunately due to the overall size of the caravans three bedroom caravans do not have enough space to accommodate a travel cot in the main bedroom. We often find that larger two bedroom caravans will have enough room in the main bedroom to hold a travel cot, however it's great that you were able to use the pull out bed.

I am sorry that you had to wait 20 minutes for your fish and chips, this seems like an isolated incident but I have raised this with the Complex Manager for investigation. The shop is a fine balancing act at the end of our season, I'm sure that you can appreciate that we go from having a full holiday park to having no holiday guests at all, It is difficult to get the balance right during this final week.

The desire for ownership at California Cliffs has dramatically risen during the 2013 season, we currently have a waiting list for new owners to join the park which has caused an issue with caravans waiting to be sited and we apologise if this caused an inconvenience. I hope that you chose to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Words cannot express highly enough how amazing this park & its staff are. We were lucky enough to return for our daughters 13th birthday on Halloween & what a week we had entertainment was as always 5* plus & Mr Boiled Egg & the teamstars went above & beyond to make sure she had a really magical & memorable day going above & beyond to make her birthday wishes come true :) on the night of her birthday she was called up onstage by her favourite teamstar James to be presented with a special gift we had made for her, a signed picture of all the teamstars & a birthday card once again signed by all of them. They even gave her, her cake onstage & whole room sang happy birthday :) this was later followed by being seremaded on stage by the cabaret. Later in the week another dream of hers came true as she got to dance on stage with 2 teamstars to the party dances. Not enough room to express just how fantastic our holiday was but I cam honestly say given the choice of 2 weeks abroad or 2 weeks here my family would pick here every time :) made memories we will treasure forever :)

• Stayed: October 2013

I am extremely proud of our entertainment team this year, they have certainly have made our guests holidays special.

I am happy that your daughter had such a fantastic birthday with us, I encourage the team to read reviews and I know that this one will make them smile! Thank you for sharing your comments and taking time to post this wonderful review! We hope that you return to us soon.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed here for a 4 day break over half term. We had a gold plus caravan, which was nice and clean. It has to be the warmest caravan we have ever stayed in, as it got so hot in there sometimes we had to turn the heat off and open a window. I had asked to be near the amenities and also if I could have a fridge/freezer if possible and both requests were granted. The caravan had loads of storage in the main bedroom, lounge and kitchen. Our bedroom even had a corner window seat and an en suite toilet which was handy.
The food in the restaurant was good value, decent portions and tasty. My sons liked the arcade and enjoyed playing some games in there.
The entertainment was much better than we saw at Haven at Easter. The Halloween show in particular was brilliant. Jordan and James dressing up as Jedward to Ghostbusters music was really funny, even when they came out with water blasters and wet everybody.All the entertainment staff seemed full of energy, you would never have guessed it was almost the end of the season.
All the staff we encountered seemed friendly and polite. The park had a really nice feeling about it.
We have booked to go back at Easter as it was such a lovely park.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Wow, thank you for a great review, we have a lot of requests from our guests and we always try to accommodate those requests, I am glad that we met your needs during your stay!

Our entertainment team is 100 % committed to creating amazing memories for our guests and have bags full of energy, sometimes I don't know how they do it!

We look forward to welcoming you back at Easter.