I have recently returned with a group of people from a whist holiday at the Burlington Palm. Firstly, the hotel was very good with regards to cleanliness, food, and service (although it was sometimes slow at dinner). It is in an excellent position on the seafront, and close to the town centre. But we were on a whist holiday - oh dear!
We have been to numerous hotels across the country, but have never seen such poor whist hosts anywhere. Very disorganised and unprofessional, even some of the regular whist players stated that they would not be going back again. I will not bore readers who do not play whist, but I could write a book on what was wrong with whist drives. Comedy descended into farce as the week went on, with the whist hosts completely unaware and unconcerned about what was happening.
In summary, the hotel is excellent if you are not planning a whist holiday, and I would recommend to anyone. However, if whist is what you are looking for, avoid at all costs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family run Hotel on Great Yarmouth Seafront. Close to all attractions and the only Hotel in Great Yarmouth with a heated indoor indoor swimming pool. A Great base to explore the Norfolk Broads and Coastline with miles of beaches. Executive rooms, Standard Doubles, Sea views, singles and family rooms available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Burlington Palm Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Burlington Hotel Great Yarmouth
- Burlington Great Yarmouth
- Burlington Palm Hotel Great Yarmouth, Norfolk