We came with Shearings for a four day break and can only say - Please ignore the moaners and groaners who are giving terrible reviews. We are entirely impartial and have had a wonderful holiday. The staff are the Hotel's best asset, they are friendly, happy and nothing is too much trouble for them. Yes the hotel has seen better days and the price reflects this. If you want 5 star accommodation then you must not be disappointed when paying so little to stay here. The food was excellent, lots of choices and served hot and tasty. We paid extra for the sea views and it was worth it, we also took the advice of other reviews and requested the top floor so we didn't hear any noise at all !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of Great Yarmouth’s premier hotels, the Carlton is centrally located at the heart of Great Yarmouth’s recently modernised promenade. This elegant 97 bedroom Victorian hotel can accommodate most holiday requirements and all rooms are en suite, with hot beverage making facilities and colour Television. There is the opportunity to upgrade to sea view and Superior rooms in order to make the most of your stay at this hotel, and a comfortable and quiet lounge bar to relax in. For those looking for something livelier, there is a separate entertainment suite and dance floor with a programme operating most nights of the week. Like many of our hotels, the Carlton enjoys an enviable resort location and it is just a short stroll along the seafront to reach the town centre which offers a bustling market and plenty of shops to browse. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms and Ebookers so you can book your Bay Carlton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carlton Hotel Great Yarmouth
- Carlton Great Yarmouth
- Bay Carlton Hotel Great Yarmouth, Norfolk