“wont be staying here again”

Copperfields Guest House
Copperfields Guest House
Ranked #65 of 99 Great Yarmouth B&B and Inns
Biggleswade, United Kingdom
“wont be staying here again”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

lady was friendly when I arrived the breakfast was ok just basic the room I was in was small the carpet was up not fixed properly on the floor I found hair pins in the room plus when I got a tea bag out of the dish it was dirty plus the bin hadn't been emptied in the room its well worth £20 a stay if you don't mind the room in the condition like that plus the towel they left in the room had stains on it sorry but I wont ever stay again here

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Annie S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

great little place to stay central to everything 2 mins walk to seafront and 5 mins walk to town center. rooms very clean with tea & coffee tv and in are room number 5 we also had a fridge

could not fault the food very good breakfast. plus you can come and go has you please. you
can park right outside the guest house with a permit .
and if you need any info just ask

would i stay here again yes no probs very nice people

Room Tip: we had room 5 looked out on to the front of the guest house gets the sun all day
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights in the family room. Was greeted by Lesley on arrival and was given a parking permit straight away which was fab! Was taken to room and had everything in it that was required for our stay. The B&B is just seconds from all the action that Great Yarmouth can provide. There was very little noise so two really good nights sleep were achieved! Would recommend and will probably return too!

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Trish Y
vernonbauer, Owner at Copperfields Guest House, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
glad you enjoyed your stay you are very welcome to come back
see you soon
Vernon & Lesley
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2013

The guest house is close to the beach, the places is clean and seems well maintained. Good value for the price yet simple and effective. Friendly and helpful hosts. Definitely one of the better budget B and Bs in Great Yarmouth.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank M B
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2013

B&B very close to seafront which is excellent you even get a parking permit! Lesley is obviously a hard worker and seems to run the show on her own. She did a good breakfast and was very prompt to serve us. On the downside no teabags in the room on our arrival. I felt too guilty to ask for any! Unfortunately my sleep was disrupted by a humming noise that came on every 5 mins to turn off again for another 5 mins - this was continuous. Overall needs updating generally but if you want a short walk to the beach this is good. Sorry but won't be returning.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
vernonbauer, Owner at Copperfields Guest House, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
sorry you did not like our deoration its down to personal tast
the hum was the fridge in the room all you had to do is turn it of
tea coffee hot chocolate biscuits and sweets are complimentary
all you had to do is ask very petty
breakfast is cooked by me vernon
but we can not please every one what do people want from a guest house
we are not a hotel
London
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Lesley and Vernon are fantastic hosts and made me feel very welcome in their home.

I arrived early and only expected to be leaving my bags but Lesley already had my room for me and showed me straight in. Very much appreciated.

Great location. Just a minute to walk to the promenade and seafront. About a 5 minute walk (through a relaxing park) to the main shops.

The tea coffee hot chocolate and biscuits is much better stocked than most bed and breakfasts I have stayed in and there was also a toileteries supply in the room for my shower. Always had fresh towels. I was in a quiet single room and had a great nights sleep every night for the five nights I stayed.

The cooked breakfast is unbelievable! (see my photograph) A large plate of food including 2 bacon, 2 sausages, a hash brown, egg how you like it (scrambled) tomato, mushrooms and baked beans. As much toast as you wish. Cereal, fruit juices, yoghurts and finally tea or coffee. Wow!!!! Set me up for the day every day.

I believe Wi-Fi is available but I did not have my computer with me. Freeview digital TV of course now is standard. Nice modern flat screen TV in my room.

This is a great bed and breakfast and I have no idea what the one bad review on here is about. I am a single man too and this chaps experience bears no relationship to the one I had and I see that all of the other reviews are, like mine, justifiably very positive and praiseworthy of hosts Lesley and Vernon and of their business.

Lesley and Vernon thank you very much indeed for making my holiday in Great Yarmouth so special. I hope to come back and see you again. All the very best to you both. from Julian

Room Tip: Ask hosts Lesley and Vernon. I had a great room. Nice and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I Have stayed at this B & B On several occasions over the past 5 years and Find the rooms Warm, comfortable and very clean well stocked with tea, coffee, hot chocolate, biscuits & sweets. I can't believe you even have free wifi. Breakfast is included with cereals, yoghurt, fruit and of course the full English with plenty of tea and coffee, The owners are very friendly without being intrusive cant recommend them enough.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family