“What a Find” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Albatross Italian Restaurant

Albatross Italian Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 319 Restaurants in Great Yarmouth
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Kids, Cheap Eats, Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: I found this restaruant on Yell.com Phone number 01493858030
Rayleigh, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a Find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

We visited this restaurant due to the reviews on this site and were not disappointed. The entrance and the decor of the Albatross are not the best, but when you are greeted by the owner you are given a warm welcome and made to feel a valued customer. The meal was excellent, so much so, that we returned the next evening. Whilst there the chief visited all tables, we had a long chat with him and discovered how much he cared about the quality of the food served (which was evidence). We also noted that many of the guests had visited the restaurant on previous occasions, often in earlier years whilst on holiday. Would recommend this place, must be the best on Regent Road.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Leigh E

Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Top Draw!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

What a meal, I booked a table at the Albatros for myself and my girlfriend, having escaped from the kids for the weekend. The food was amazing and we would definately eat there again. We were lucky to get a table as the place was fully booked. I take my hat off to the chef for the wonferful cusine and to waiter who was on the go all evening. The only negitive point was the time it took to get a drink. We arrived 15 minutes early and were asked to sit in a couple of easy chairs to wait for our table. There was a small bar in the corner and we could both have done with a drink whilst we waited but there was no additional staff and the waiter did not have the time to serve at the bar as well as tending to the customers orders.
The Albatros is a definate must when visiting Great Yarmouth and I look forward to returning and trying out more of the menu. Thank you

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
“Gods of Meat.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

This little gem, hidden beneath Regent Road is without parallel in Great Yarmouth. Having diligently worked my way through the menu on multiple visits, I can say every dish delivers. The muscles to start and the veal for main are notable favourites. The quality of the steak used far surpasses that which I have been served in many top tier London restaurants.

The staff are extremely friendly and attentive without being overbearing. They didn't even miss a beat when a power cut hit Great Yarmouth for a couple of hours last year.

When you've exhausted the menu, I suggest asking for a Steak Diane....a little treat that isn't actually listed.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank DevourerOfWorlds
Truro, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Little Sicily in Great Yarmouth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

Away for work for three weeks, this hidden gem quickly became my regular spot. I must admit the only reason I did enter past the odd signage on the street and climb down the stairs into this basement restaurant to the faint sound of Pavarotti was because of the good feeling on TA about the place. However I soon dropped my snobbery when faced with the excellent food and service in this charming restaurant.

For me the mark of a great restaurant is it's consistency, and as everyone knows, people don't tend to give anywhere a second chance following a bad experience, but this place delivered great food to my plate every night, complemented by wonderful service. I've had chicken breast with parma ham, pasta with crispy bacon and mince, steak from the grill, and much more, and every time it has arrived piping hot and cooked to perfection.

Testament to its consistency, the restaurant has been around 10 years already, and as one of few places in Great Yarmouth worth eating at, I'd hope it stays around many more!

1 Thank Sam B
essex
“Dont be scared to enter x”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

I was worried to go down the sttairs because I'm fussy but I'm so glad I did. Half way down the stairs to the albatross the smell of the food was so nice my mouth was watering. The service I received was very good and the food matched, I had a pizza which was lovely and my other half had lasagne with a salad which he said was very good, also the red wine meridians was very good, we will certainly go back for seconds xx