“Great Yarmouth, the home of the 'foot lon hotdog'.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Albatross Italian Restaurant

Albatross Italian Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 319 Restaurants in Great Yarmouth
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Cheap Eats, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: I found this restaruant on Yell.com Phone number 01493858030
Bedford
“Great Yarmouth, the home of the 'foot lon hotdog'.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012 via mobile

Great Yarmouth, the home of the 'foot lon hotdog', no junk food here though...
Had a perfectly cooked rare steak with wonderfully cooked vegetables. My wife had chicken in a white wine again with fresh vegetables. No room for a starter although there seemed to be a good selection on offer.
To finish a perfectly prepared Irish coffee for me and a tiramisu for my wife.
Decor, didn't notice....food was good.... But the opera music was to much....

Great place and if we return to great Yarmouth we will return here......

1 Thank Stewoo7

Gosport, United Kingdom
“Best Italian restaurant outside of Italy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

As you'll see from other comments, the outside is a little off-putting but as we've found in southern Italy itself, this is not idicative of the quality of the food. It is amazing. We are so fussy about Italian food in this country and we can say with absolute certainty, that this food is completely authentic. If you're in Great Yarmouth, don't miss out!

• Visited August 2012
“Simply lovely”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

Went for a meal at the Albatross after reading reviews on here. Had an amazing meal. My boyfriend didn't want his main course to end he loved it so much! Don't be put off by the entrance , as soon as you start walking down the stairs you can smell the wonderful aromas of what I can only describe as some of the most delicious food I've ever eaten. Just a pity it's 270 miles away from where I live!!

Great Yarmouth
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

We own 3 Norfolk Square, Great Yarmouth's only 5 Star Guest House and adults only. When we can get out, have used the Albatross my wife also uses it when her family are down. The staff are fantastic and nothing is too much trouble. I agree with the decor comments but that is indicative of a lot of Yarmouth resturants. It's the food that counts. Value: I think for what you get and the quality, they are too cheap.
It is one of the eight restaurants we recommend and we have never had a guest who did not rave about it or say they did not enjoy it.
One personal thing I do wish is that a lot of the better resturants would have designated Adults only nights. I think you would find it would make a big difference. Why parents, whose child normally goes to bed at 7pm, think it is capable of having a meal at 9pm without being disruptive is beyond me.

• Visited July 2012
woodbridge
“FAB”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

What a great place to eat real Italian food. Yes the outside is not the best , yes the inside decor is not the best but the service was fab , food was absolutly fab x I would highly recomend a visit.

• Visited August 2012