“Assolutamente Fantastico”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: I found this restaruant on Yell.com Phone number 01493858030
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Great tasting food, amazing prices & impeccable service, very hard to beat for authentic Italian cuisine.

There are newer reviews for Albatross Italian Restaurant

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

We heard good things about this place so we tried it and were quite impressed. To get into restaurant you have to go down some steep stairs but it's manageable. I recommend booking as it gets very quickly and very full. We had a 20 minute wait but that was expected as we hadn't booked and it was firework night down the seaside. Our meals were very generous portion sizes and tasty. All cooked to individual order so there's a bit of a wait for food but if your not in a hurry then it's worth it! Tables are quite close together but it's ok. Staff were very friendly but seemed a bit rushed but again it was a particularly busy service! Would I visit again? Yes! Would it recommend? Yes!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

As soon as you enter this lovely restaurant you feel as if you have been transported to Italy. The traditional decor and music all add to the ambience. You are made to feel very welcome by the Italian waiter. We arrived at 9 on a Sunday night, but were not rushed at all. My husband had the steak which was cooked to perfection; we could hear it sizzling in the background! The vegetables looked as if they had just been picked: very fresh. The children had the Margherita pizza which was evidently cooked to order.I had the spaghetti bolognese which was delicious and piping hot. After eating we met the chef who was keen to know if we had enjoyed our meal and proudly told us that everything was homemade. I thoroughly recommend this delightful Italian.

2  Thank Roops101
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My boyfriend brought me here a couple of summers ago, and as I can see from the reviews it is no different today. Didn't even know the place existed, was a quiet night. The food was amazing, proper genuine Italian. Lovely staff, the owners are brilliant. And its really great value for money. Can't fault it.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

food and service very good lovely italian restaurant recommended by the hotel we went on a Sunday so not to Busy