“Delicious food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Albatross Italian Restaurant

Albatross Italian Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 319 Restaurants in Great Yarmouth
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: I found this restaruant on Yell.com Phone number 01493858030
“Delicious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

As usual we had a great night here. It is a small restaurant tucked away down a flight of stairs but is always busy and has a great atmosphere. The food is excellent and freshly cooked, the service is very good although can be slow but it's worth the wait.

Visited August 2014

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“A MUST if you like Italian Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

A huge selection of restaurants to choose from, asked several locals best restaurants in the area asked a couple of taxi drivers always a good pointer. Good choice very friendly greeting taken to our table had Olives & Hot garlic and cheese bread as a starter. Nice bottle of Rose Pinot Grigio.
Main course a very tasty Italian poached Salmon dish with a superb sauce and piping hot selection of vegetables, my wife had the Hawian Pizza baked to perfection, Tiramasu dessert and a perfect Irish Coffee for the wife, great staff, very good owner chef could not fault a thing. WE WILL BE BACK.

Douglas, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Well worth finding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

We were looking for an Italian restraint and came across this place from a review on trip advisor. From the outside it looks nothing but once down the stairs the restraint is not bad at all. Don't get me wrong , it's certainly not 5 star hotel style, but it certainly had a nice atmosphere.

The staff were friendly and the service was very good. As a family of four we all had a starter and main and the food was very very good.

If you are after a swanky fancy restaurant then it may not be for you, but for a nice relaxed atmosphere with good food then you won't go far wrong.

Only negative ( and it is only minor) is that the Italian music could be a little softer in the background. Wasn't a problem though And certainly didn't affect family meal time conversations

Rotherham, United Kingdom
“Waiters surly attitude”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

On first inspection this place look lovely, on entering with my three children and wife he asked me which menus I required I asked for two adult and three children's menus. After been shown to our seats we were presented with only two children's menus and three adult we asked the waiter for the children's menu for my eldest daughter he replied "sorry she is no child" she is only fourteen and has a small appetite so she should be able to order the children's menu if she wants, come to think of so should I if I felt the need. This put a downer on the whole night, the waiters attitude was a joke. He got our starter wrong but after waiting over 15 minutes to receive it I didn't fancy waiting any longer. At the end of the evening the card machine Jammed only printing my copy of the recpiet, he looked at me as if I were trying to pull a fast one by not paying he took my name and number and said in front of the waiting customers, we will be in touch if the payment hasn't gone through sir don't you worry about that. This made me feel outraged he is lucky he wasn't made to eat my copy of the recpiet, what a fool. We will NEVER visit this place again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Darren F
Maidstone
“Anniversary meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Went to Great Yarmouth for a long weekend and booked a table at the Albatross after reading reviews on Tripadvisor. Must say that we weren't disappointed at all and we had a lovely Anniversary meal here. At first we weren't sure as it doesn't look anything special from outside but once you go downstairs and into the restaurant it is much nicer and we were very quickly shown to our table with no wait time at all. The staff were very friendly and service was very good, didn't have to wait long for our meals and when they arrived we thought they were really good. Hubby had a beef dish with vegetables which he said was cooked well and was very tasty, my first choice of cannelloni was not available unfortunately but my second choice of salmon tagliatelli was very nice and lots of it. We were really pleasantly surprised with the bill-two mains, one pudding and a bottle of red wine came to £55 which we thought was very good. Would definitely go back if we were in the area and would recommend it to anyone.