“Awful-manager agreed he was being aggressive towards 87 year old customer!”
Review of The Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 21 August 2011

DO NOT EAT HERE. The manager was irritable and aggressive towards our family party of four generations from the minute we arrived for our celebration dinner. We were ten minutes late (in an empty restaurant that only saw one other table of four join all evening. Given this was a Saturday evening, this gives some indication of the lack of popularity for this establishment). When we asked for the second two minute opportunity to review the menu, we were told that we couldn't, and must order immediately or not at all!. Out of our party of eleven, three starters were presumably accidentally forgotten. When my son gently asked where they were, he was met with a very hostile response, and a complete refusal to accept the remaining starters were ever ordered. No apology was offered. When my grandmother, in her 80s, queried where the starter was, the manager became worryingly aggressive towards her and my 87 year old grandfather. I was mortified and had to intervene. I asked if he thought he was being aggressive, and he agreed that he was feeling aggressive towards us! With regards to the starters we did receive, I had ordered meatballs with mozarella, and I felt fairly certain they were supermarket purchased 'swedish meatballs'. Tasteless mush.
I have never experienced such a complete lack of service, in such a hostile and unpleasant manner. AVOID AT ALL COSTS would be my advice.

Reviewed 3 July 2011

Service was very slow , very dated. music to high. interior very shabby and far to bright

1  Thank JCarroll04