“"Not the best"”

Add it.
The Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 26 October 2012

We found this Italian when on holiday and were quite disappointed. Place was empty except for one other couple. Manager not particularly friendly. Food was okay but killed by sauce. The place needs a refurb and more atmosphere.

2  Thank Robbieliz1

Reviewed 7 September 2012

Hubby and I stumbled on this restaurant by chance and boy, are we glad we did. The waiter was friendly, professional and knew his stuff. The drinks were well priced as was the food which from the very start was hot, delicious and some of the best food I've ever tasted. I even managed to eat half my dessert before it beat me into submission!!

Reviewed 21 August 2012

Went to this restaurant on holiday and left feeling quite disappointed. We were immediately barked at a little for not booking...in the completely empty restaurant...but was seated and the English staff/owners from then on were friendly. The food however was average at best. My wife had a chicken dish that was pretty bland and myself and the kids had pizza that was no better than ordinary. I was also served wine that was either completely off or was English Country Manor, regardless it was undrinkable, but I was not charged for this as it was taken off the bill - though even so it was too high a price for the quality of food we received. We had hoped for a good Italian to round off our holiday, but unfortunately this was not it.

Would I recommend to a friend? No.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

We have used this restaurant a few times and the food has been consistently good. It has not been busy when we have been and, maybe because of this, lacks atmosphere; unlike most Italian restaurants it does not buzz. I think be because it is not very busy it is better for groups rather than just 2 people (too quiet).

It could probably benefit from a makeover but, as it is a big place, that is probably not viable in this present economic climate.

The staff are always friendly and attentive and they will change dishes to cater for differing likes/needs.

Reviewed 21 April 2012

Food and service was fantastic. in need of a little modernisation and maybe more choice on menu. but could not fault food or service. will go again. from danni and john &john...jpr decorating specialist..