“An Enjoyable Stay At Villa Rose”
Review of Villa Rose Hotel

Villa Rose Hotel
Villa Rose Hotel
Ranked #89 of 99 Great Yarmouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 August 2012

We've just returned home after a night in Great Yarmouth. We stayed at The Villa Rose, we didn't read any reviews before we stayed and to be honest I'm glad we didn't as it might have put us off the hotel. When booking I told the manager we would be arriving about 6pm, and when we got there the manager came outside to greet us, he was very helpful and friendly, he showed us to Room 17, chatting to us all the way and making us feel very welcome. The price of the room was reasonable and the room was more than exceptable!! Everything was working in Room 17, the TV, Shower, plenty of Tea/Coffee/milk. On one of the reviews someone has mentioned the lack of mugs for coffee instead of the 'Fun Size' Cup and Saucer which we do agree with, but that would not put us off using The Villa Rose again!! We asked if we could have a Late checkout instead of the 11am and this wasn't a problem. 'Well Done' to all managment and staff and keep up the good work!!
Rob...Lincolnshire (30/08/12)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 18RA18
There are newer reviews for Villa Rose Hotel

Reviewed 5 August 2012

we got there late friday night i rang before hand to say we would be late (24 hr reception) when we found this "sea front hotel" its a b&b on a side street parking? forget it we parked on the next street and carried our bags i asked about the parking permit he mentioned " he had non left? great start we were told " you have to move your car just after 8am and dont return it til after 6pm residents parking only " thought thats what we were but never mind! so we final got in the building a smell hits you of dirty nappies as you go into the 24 hour reception a pc desk near the window?????????? and there said who we think is the owner no names were exchanged i asked about breakfast and he mumbled between 8am and 10am .........and he showed us up the very poorly lit stairs down a man made corridor to his "best room number 6" its shabby cleanish my corner bath is bigger than the en-suite you have to reverse into the batheroom watch your kidneys on the toilet roll holder! step over the toilet to get to the basin! theres a man made shower 1 towel per person .......the bed was damp and too soft and lumpy and only a very small window was open in the room we tried to open others but there was a dressing table in the bay window and the other small window was screwed shut? ......now for the best bit at room number 5 is a Portuguese gent who lives there and he loves to slam doors woke me up at 1230am and again at 0300am outside the bedroom doors shouting on his mobile phone i informed the "owner" who was going to have a word ......it didnt work the next night he got louder stay away from number 6 .......now i have to say even though the breakfast was £5 extra per person it was nice! so sunday morning after another sleepless night after listen to him ranting on his phone slamming doors etc we got up moved the car to a pay and display ........sat down stairs near the "24 hr reception" waiting for breakfast NOTHING so i rang the bell NOTHING rang the landline NOTHING rang the mobile and the owner answered he wasnt there breakfast was at 9am????????? never told us that friday night or saterday no notices up anywhere non in the room i think he makes it up as he goes along .........(he did tell us he had only been there since june 2012 and the bad reviews must of been from before ) anyway his side kick came out i asked if i could pay forget the breakfast we had to leave he asked me how much we owed??????????//he couldnt work the debitcard machine? so after 10 mins of waiting i asked what was the problem our bill was £110.00 but he couldnt type that in we ended up paying £111.10 it was worth it to get out of there saterday morning i said i would leave a good review but due to the noise no info on breakfast this is the review it deserves stay well away we walked around the corner got a breakfast and we are staying there next time

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sharon10019
Reviewed 4 August 2012

have just had two nights and found the guest house perfectly adequate. Our room which was a family room with two singles and one double bed was modern ,nicely decorated and clean. The shower was hot and had plenty of force.The beds were comfortable and CLEAN and the tv worked with no problems.The host bent over backwards to make our stay pleasant even making us a coffee on our return from a day out.breakfast was plentiful and nothing was too much trouble.We ddint have to pay any money for parking as it was resident parking and passes were provided. All in all it was well worth the money and we would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank geoffrey j
Reviewed 15 July 2012

No hand towel in bathroom
Dirty kettle and limited supplies ( the coffee sachet was good tho)
No wi-fi available as advertised
£9 parking permit
Attitude of owner on meeting
Bed and (extra charge for) breakfast
No bin
Poorly working remotes

All above is basic,expected bed and breakfast criteria.

Not to mention the "dated" decor and lack of pleasantries. That's perhaps a personal opinion, but it certainly doesn't hurt to be nice to your guests. Maybe even a hello on our return might of prevented this venomous rant. Your rudeness only highlighted the poorly basic accommodation you falsely advertise.

I really felt like we were putting him out, and not helping him fund his poorly set up business. He didn't even try to converse, nd when he threw out a goodbye, we couldn't get out quick enough. I left with several "bites" that I can only put down to the overall poor hygiene standards.

And your website comment on being refurbished?!?? Was that just the entry hall? Or maybe the

I would NOT return here, and I certainly would not recommend this place to my worst enemy

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Wendy H
Reviewed 10 April 2012

i stayed at this hotel on saturday the 7th of April 2012 with my girlfriend and another couple.
As soon as you enter the building there is an unbelievable stench of damp and when you arrive in the rooms the smell gets worse.
The man who is supposed to be running this place,I say supposed as he hasnt a clue what he is doing and looks like lurch out of the adams family,our room was dirty,smelly had mould all over the bottom of the curtains and was just not good enough.
We thought well we are only staying one night so decided to stay.
I thought I would have a shower before we went out as the room was supposed to be ensuite but alas this didnt work either so I called lurch up from reception to try to fix the problem and lurch told me what I already knew that the shower wasnt working.
Lurch advised me to have a bath to which i replied i want a shower,lurch dissapeared for a couple of minutes and came back in a couple of minutes with keys to a room upstairs and said to use that one.
My partner and i decided to move to the room upstairs where the shower was working but the cleanliness was still very poor.
Lurch asked us what time we wanted breakfast at in the morning and we advised him we didnt require breakfast and even if we were hungry we would not eat there.
My partner had lots of bites up her arms and her legs and also her friend who also stayed had the same on her i can only assume this was caused by bed bugs or uncleanliness of the hotel in general.
Tea and coffee making facilties were meant to be included but alas no milk was in the room.
My partner and I complained to lurch about the cleanliness and the shower also the tv not working and as for a bar we didnt see on not that we would have used it and all we seemed to get out of him was that it was the builders fault and not thinking as the owner of the hotel he should be ensuring everything is working and clean.
I dont expect a 5 star hotel for the money we paid but do expext cleanliness and for things to work.
My advice to anyone is do not stay there as you will be dissapointed there are much nicer places to stay than this dump including a place called fawlty towers and im not joking.
Trev and Angie

Room Tip: dont book any of them
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2012

The room is small, dirty, full of damp and very outdated. The tv does not work and the shower barely gets warm. There are cobwebs everywhere too. Booked in and there is some woman's bra on the so called Booking in desk, just sitting there, were led up a small, cramped and smelly hallway to our so called double room. totally disgusting. Have not tried breakfast yet, am writing this review lying on the bed in the sorry excuse for a hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012