“lovely time”
Review of Imperial Hotel

Imperial Hotel
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Great Yarmouth
Reviewed 6 August 2013

the staff here are very friendly despite having a poffessional feel about them. the only downside was that it could have been a little cleaner, having said this it was not dirty by any means.we dined in the cafe cru restaurant and found both the food and the service impecable.we stayed in the louis jadot suite which was great although we would have preferred a balcony it was not enough of an issue to spoil a lovly night in a beautiful hotel.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bigeater90

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Have returned from a 2 night stay in this hotel for my dads wedding. It has a lovely entrance and spacious reception. The girls on the front desk are very polite and helpful. We stayed in a standard double room on the third floor which was fairly modern, comfortable and clean. The rest of the hotel has a classic decor. There was no air conditioning, so was rather stuffy in this hot weather. I believe air con is only available in the four main suites.

On the day of the wedding the staff were incredibly helpful, nothing was a problem for them. The owner of the hotel in particular basically organised the running of the whole day and even acted as master of ceremonies. The waiters and waitresses did their job very well, you didn't even realise they were there. The whole day ran very smoothly and flowed very well. We had a 3 course meal and all the guests I spoke to said it was the best food they've had at a wedding.

We had breakfast each morning on the terrace with a nice selection available, however was slightly undercooked for my tastes. This was included in the price of the room which was a bonus.

Overall, this is an excellent hotel, and I will stay here again next time.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2013

My wife & I were invited to a friend's 70th Birthday Celebration, to be held at the above hotel.
I had never been there before (frankly, had no idea where it was).
The hotel is in a lovely position over-looking the sea - but nevermind that.
I can't remember the last time I could not fault a hotel. I am not a snob or difficult customer, but I work in a service industry myself & so notice details. :-
There were more staff than guests (not literally, but...they managed the ilusion).
I think that the party numbered around 50 people - some arrived late & so on, but NOTHING was a problem for the staff. All very friendly & natural.
The food (pre-booked from a provided menu) was excellent (3 courses - ALL excellent, not like me to say that!).
WE HAD A FANTASTIC EVENING - largely due to the hotel's attention to the customer.
VERY WELL RECCOMENDED!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Stayed for a family wedding last month. Had a lovely stay, enjoying the location and the impeccable staff service. Would recommend to anyone. Brilliant location and atmosphere. Perfect for wedding guests!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

We only stayed for one night with friends but thought the location was perfect for the beach , bars and pier . Before we came I asked the reception for a recommendation on some bars and the email I got back from Aimee was really helpful . It was clear that she made a real effort to help and is an asset to the team . The room was very nice , massive bed and nice view. I thought the shower pressure wasn't really up to standard but for one night I was happy to live with that. After our night out we headed to the bar for a night cap and met Jon who again was someone that clearly enjoyed his work and the company of guests. Breakfast was brilliant although the order came out a little wrong but was soon put right. Staff again very friendly . I also thought the fact that checkout was a little flexible and relaxed meant we were not hurried to leave on the dot.
I thought the staff made the stay thoroughly enjoyable and the place lived up to my expectation .

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 21 July 2013

My boyfriend and i stayed here for 2 nights. I must say i was very disapointed after reading reviews. The carpet as you arrive is quite dirty which made you think the whole place would be. It was all very mis matched really very dated and no warmth. Our room was not to what i would call 4 star standard and the bathroom had an horendous smell of stagnent water i assume there is a blocked drain somewhere? I did report this on our first day. The first mornings breakfast was quite sureal the supervisor did not crack a smile once, no chit chat, no nothing, really . My boyfriend asked for no fried bread and was told oh hell put it on just leave it! I asked for beans instead of tomatoes and didnt get them and had to ask. No attention to detail. However sunday morning breakfast was much better and staff at least smiled. No sleep sat evening due to revellers coming back early hours and having a dispute in our corridor. The pictures on the reception of the rooms is certainly nothing like the room we were in. I was actually very anoyed that i allowed myself to pay 245!! For 2 nights. Definately not value for money. Reception staff were helpful when approached but there was just no wow factor here at all. But thats just based on my personal experience. If we ever visit yarmouth again we will book a much cheaper bed and breakfast with much less expectation.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank elly w
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Five of us dined on a Saturday night in the "Café Cru" restaurant. Although busy, the service was excellent. The food was deemed GOOD or VERY GOOD by all. The best steak (rib eye) I've had in a long while.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends