I have just returned from a Monday to Friday stay at this hotel with National Holidays. We noticed there were plug-ins and air freshener trees all over the place but this couldn't disguise the musty smell in the corridors. The rooms was basic but reasonably clean. There was a shortage of power points - we had to disconnect the tv to boil the kettle or use the hairdryer.
The breakfasts were good but evening meals were poor. The menu was suitable perhaps for a cafe but certainly not for a hotel restaurant. I had a complaint about the fish on Wednesday (it was horrible frozen cod when we had been told it was fresh fish) but the manager would not take my complaint seriously. How can you put things right if you don't accept there is a problem in the first place?
Despite the fact that the staff did their best, I would not recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful brand new two floor fully renovated hotel with all 47 en-suite rooms having LCD T.V., tea-coffee making facility, Intercom Facility and lift access to all the rooms. We are one minute away from the sea front and the main town center(Britannia Pier) and the opposite the famous Pub on the Prom. Full English Breakfast consisting of fresh farm sausages and egg are served to our elite customers in our most lively 100 seater restaurant on the lobby level.Fully stocked bar and lounge on the lobby level for people to relax and enjoy their holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Waverley Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waverley Hotel Great Yarmouth
- The Waverley Hotel Great Yarmouth, Norfolk