Just returned from a 4 night stay with National Holidays. We were greeted by the manager prior to disembarking from the coach. [ A good start to the holiday] First appearances of the hotel were that it was pleasant and well presented. On entering the hotel, there was a pleasant library reading room to the right, and then the pleasant and airy dining room. To the left a small bar. Rooms are accessed by stairs or a two person lift.
Meals at the Waverley are very good and the staff in the dining room are friendly and very hard working. As in most hotels, rooms vary from double to twin etc. Unfortunately, we were allocated a twin on the first floor, which overlooked a back alley. I know that we don't spend all the holiday in the bedroom, but it's nice to have a nice view. Other rooms at the front of the hotel have a far better outlook. Overlooking the alley, we also looked on to the back of the kitchen, this resulted in noise from staff standing in the alley using their mobile phones and also noise from the kitchen. 4 a.m. is the time for the seagulls to start screaming. These twins don't have double glazing so there's no noise reduction. Having said that, the room and bathroom were clean and quite comfortable. One comment I would make is that there was no drawers in the room, the first hotel I've been to without this facility. Bar prices are a little high but there's a pub not far away where the prices are reasonable.
Would we stay here again? Yes if we ever return to Yarmouth but not in a room overlooking an alley.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful brand new two floor fully renovated hotel with all 47 en-suite rooms having LCD T.V., tea-coffee making facility, Intercom Facility and lift access to all the rooms. We are one minute away from the sea front and the main town center(Britannia Pier) and the opposite the famous Pub on the Prom. Full English Breakfast consisting of fresh farm sausages and egg are served to our elite customers in our most lively 100 seater restaurant on the lobby level.Fully stocked bar and lounge on the lobby level for people to relax and enjoy their holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Waverley Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waverley Hotel Great Yarmouth
- The Waverley Hotel Great Yarmouth, Norfolk