Visited for a weekend break with National Holidays 18th to 20th July 2014. My sister an I had booked a twin room through national holidays. Greeted warmly by staff and told we coul go in the lift or take the stairs to the 2nd floor. (Nobody available to help with cases) We took the stairs as the lift would only take 2 people at a time. The corridors and stairs were carpeted with very old green, grubby carpet which had been patched in several places. When we reached our room we noted that the decor and furniture was very dated and in need of a revamp. There was a built in wardrobe which did not have any clothes hangers and was full of dust inside an out. The free standing wardrobe was adequate for two people but only had 4 coat hangers. The bathroom was very dated an the shower base was scuffed and dented, the bathroom door was a sliding one but only had a top runner, door would not shut fully which left a large gap, the bathroom floor was dusty although the toilet, shower and basin were clean. The food at dinner was very basic and only three choices of starters and main course and two puddings. Breakfast was much better, plenty of choice and hot food and tea and coffee. The second evenings food was really quite appalling, fish and chips or cottage pie, the fish and chips were almost Inedible, the fish was brown and the batter was CHEWY!! Frozen chips with no taste. Bread and butter pudding or ice cream, for pud, my sister could not eat the bread an butter pudding as it was so stodgy and tasteless. On the positives, and there wasn't many, the staff were helpful and polite and the beds were clean an comfortable.
Very very disappointed as we have been on holiday with national holidays several times and have had lovely hotels but this one needs a complete revamp and defiantly a more imaginative chef.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful brand new two floor fully renovated hotel with all 47 en-suite rooms having LCD T.V., tea-coffee making facility, Intercom Facility and lift access to all the rooms. We are one minute away from the sea front and the main town center(Britannia Pier) and the opposite the famous Pub on the Prom. Full English Breakfast consisting of fresh farm sausages and egg are served to our elite customers in our most lively 100 seater restaurant on the lobby level.Fully stocked bar and lounge on the lobby level for people to relax and enjoy their holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Waverley Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waverley Hotel Great Yarmouth
- The Waverley Hotel Great Yarmouth, Norfolk