Having read some of the reviews on here we were concerned.. We stayed in a family room (114) as a couple with two small children on a Friday and Saturday night. The room was a good size with two double beds. The bathroom was small but very clean. The shower unfortunately was leaking where the head attaches to the hose so there were various sprays coming out at right angles which hit you in the face and were impossible to get away from. However the shower was hot and pressure was pretty good (unlike a lot of other places we've stayed).
The room was clean and quiet. We weren't disturbed by any noise from inside the hotel at all, just some noisy revellers in the street outside.
The bed was fairly uncomfortable and creaky.
Breakfast was fine, the cooked breakfast was all fresh and hot (although we were there on the dot of 8.30 when they started serving). There were plenty of staff around to help.
Yes the lift was old and quirky, kids loved it and all added to the charm.
The weather was a lovely hot weekend but we never felt the room to be uncomfortably hot and didn't use the fan (am guessing this was due in part to the room being larger than the average).
We got parked a little way up the street and left the car there for the whole weekend.
Yes the hallways smelt a bit "fusty", the design of the hotel doesn't really have any windows in the internal corridors so it never gets an airing.
All in all I'd say we were happy, we paid £95 a night for four of us including breakfast. It could have been a lot worse and we'd probably stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful brand new two floor fully renovated hotel with all 47 en-suite rooms having LCD T.V., tea-coffee making facility, Intercom Facility and lift access to all the rooms. We are one minute away from the sea front and the main town center(Britannia Pier) and the opposite the famous Pub on the Prom. Full English Breakfast consisting of fresh farm sausages and egg are served to our elite customers in our most lively 100 seater restaurant on the lobby level.Fully stocked bar and lounge on the lobby level for people to relax and enjoy their holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Priceline so you can book your The Waverley Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waverley Hotel Great Yarmouth
- The Waverley Hotel Great Yarmouth, Norfolk