“Great ressurection in an area lacking good food”
Review of The Kings Arms

The Kings Arms
Ranked #18 of 325 Restaurants in Great Yarmouth
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great ressurection in an area lacking good food”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I've known the area round here for years and remember the Kings Arms as a fairly average boozer at best but we went here after a couple of good recommendations. I was sceptical to be fair, but delighted to be suprised. The pub has now been split in two, half restaurant, half bar, wooden floors, nicely decorated. The menu was very good, clearly lots of creative elements from the new chef, the starters in particular were very inviting. We all had a different starters and all were very good, even if decorated with the band wagon flowers (which I actually really like). Mains were a split between two fish and two meat and a veggie, again we all had different but everyone thoroughly enjoyed. Too full for desserts which was a shame as they looked great but I'll definitely be going back to try! Good service, good range of wine and beers, excellent place in an area really lacking for good food. If I still lived back in the area this would become my regular if it were a bit cheaper, expensive for the area, but worth it.

3 Thank HelenMarie1981

London
“Superb”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We visited The Kings Arms with our friends who live 5 minutes walk away and were blown away by the experience. We live in London with access to numerous great restaurants but this meal was up there with the best. Every course was outstanding but I was most impressed with the Sea Bream with paella which was superb. The service was great, the wine list very reasonably priced and the whole experience was wonderful. If I didn't live 3 hours drive away I'd be back every week.

3 Thank Addicked
Hopton on Sea, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Party of 8 lovely meal served all together excellent staff attentitive without being intrusive.
Will be going back.
Very popular advisable to book.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Andrew S
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent Reception Venue”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We recently attended a wedding reception at The Kings Arms in Fleggburgh and can report that it is of a high standard. The venue is best suited for a gathering up to 50 guests as otherwise the venue does become crowded. The kitchen was able to promptly serve all guests with a 3 course meal without any hitches and the professional staff frequently checked with guests to ensure that everything was satisfactory. Glasses were regularly replenished and the table settings were attractive.
At the bar there were 4 local real ales available plus lager and the ales were 3 pounds which I am advised by locals is less than the small Jolly Farmers pub in Ormesby St Margaret. Toilet facilities were clean and adequate for the gathering and for a wedding reception venue.

• Visited August 2014
“Good food, pleasant staff and good beer choice.”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

We had been meaning to try this restaurant/pub under the new management for some time.
We booked a table and upon arrival were seated and a drink order promptly taken and delivered. They have a good choice of real ale on offer and at the time three of the beers were local to Norfolk. Our food order was quickly taken when our drink orders arrived. The starters were all very tasty and just enough to not fill you out before your main. Two of us had the steak and they were extremely tasty and cooked to perfection. The sea bass was also ordered along with a child's burger which went down very well and were highly praised. Our deserts were slightly different from what we all normally order and went down well. The pub it's self is very clean and tidy including the WC which is a major plus point.
Having also been in for just a drink as it is my parents local I can say that my experience is that the staff on a whole are very friendly and polite and have I have talked with the head chef/landlord at the bar about his food and how he cooks, he is a pleasant and enthusiastic man. On the night in question they were all very friendly and we were never crowded or left waiting the waiting staff had the perfect balance. My son also enjoyed a little look through the cooking area and getting to talk to the chef.
On the whole we were very impressed and will be going back again.

2 Thank Mimfet