“Real History”

Historic Smokehouse - Great Yarmouth Potteries
Reviewed 24 August 2014

It was interesting to learn some of the history of the area, with photos of how hard life was when you had to work or go hungry.
Staff were on hand to answer any questions in a friendly manner which caused more questions. You could spend quite some time there if you were working on a project. Good for youngsters.

1  Thank Jack S

Reviewed 24 August 2014

My Friend andI visited the Great Yarmouth Pottery and old Smokehouse and we we amazed by how much there was to see and do. Eric was such a charming and talented man. Who helped me and my friend make something respectable out of clay on the wheel to take home. His wife was so kind and friendly and very knowledgable to about the building and museum, we felt like we'd popped in to see some friends. I can highly recommend this as a great place to go and I will be taking my Auntie from the USA in September and I will be taking oyher people too.

1  Thank LadyPenny67
Reviewed 23 August 2014

My husband and I went there last week to have a go at the pottery wheel and were glad we did. We had a lot of fun and produced a jug each to take home. It was great and so was the museum. Lots of local knowledge that we were not aware of before. It's like stepping back in time for a while and not forgetting the tea we had in the little courtyard. If your an art fan then you will love the display of paintings upstairs. They also run art classes for all ages. I would recommend this to any one whether on holiday or living locally. Thank you to all the staff for answering all my questions.

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

What a little delight.

This is a great place to visit. All the staff were very welcoming and passionate. Good insight to this town. It's amazing how long this building is still up as it is made from ship wrecks. They have thought about kids too with a little quest.

I'm happy to pay for something with heritage.

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Visited with a friend today- staff very warm, knowledgable and welcoming! Had a great tour, got our hands dirty getting to make some pottery- the guy helping us was a hoot! Great fun! Enjoyed a cuppa tea and our pottery to take home- highly recommend :)