The Star Hotel
Furzedown Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
US$137
US$69
US$65
Andover House Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
US$174
Hotels.com
Bay Carlton Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
US$82
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
The Waverley Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
US$98
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
The New Beach Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
US$103
PremierInn.com
Prom Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnelson barbeef wellingtonlovely hotellovely roomweekend breaksonyalounge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

Not as good as it was, I understand the owners are new so need to give them time to settle in etc.
Service was slow and had to search for staff a couple of time.
The building and contents make up for it however so just a bit of extra training maybe and it will be as good as ever

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Tony E
Reviewed 20 April 2013

i had my wedding reception at this hotel June 2012 i wasnt happy with the way i was treated at the original place i had booked so with 3 weeks to go till my wedding i looked around and found the star hotel had availablity for the date i required, Lloyd and his sister Tyko were so helpful, in the 3 weeks notice i gave them they organised a 3 course sit down meal for 60 guests and a buffet at night for 100 which the food was lovely the chef was very accomadating as we couldnt have pork and my sister is celiac, and they sorted out disco for us,would definately reccommend this place for a party/wedding all my guests went away happy , rooms were lovely. would definately hold a function here again

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank charleybird81
Reviewed 7 April 2013

This is our second time at the Star and whilst it is slightly dated in terms of décor, it has a lovely oak panel entrance with a roaring log fire, nice to sit and relax.
The bedroom was clean and tidy and well serviced, however, the shower was a challenge! It was very difficult to get the temperature and the flow correct.
The breakfasts were lovely with a good selection and choice. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TomFiona
Reviewed 26 February 2013

my friend and I visited this hotel on 2oth of February 2013,It was very quiet but the entrance to the hotel was very welcoming .However when we went into the bar the young lady behind the bar was not very friendly and her attitude to the customer was very indifferent,she said "what do you want" when I went to the bar which is not what you want to hear when there was only one other person in the bar and you are there to spend money .My friend wanted to leave there and then but I persuaded her to stay ,we ordered lunch but only one of us could have scampi as they had run out,it was just after noon and there was nobody else having lunch ,so we compromised and changed it .To be fair the food was fine.I did not like to see used packets of mayonnaise left in the condiment jar on the table that should have been checked as the girl was not busy.I don't think we will be rushing back to the Star which is a shame as it is a lovely old building

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank shirley186342
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Would definitly recommend arrived on the 13th Feb on a cold night to be welcomed by a huge roaring fire in reception .Booking in was a pleasure the receptionist was friendly and polite and gave us all the necessary information about the hotel meals,restaurant times etc.My room was large,warm and clean plenty of wardrobe and drawer space.TV well placed,huge mugs for tea and coffee plenty of both and decent brands.
Bed was comfy,nice pillows ,good lighting for a read in bed.Bathroom spacious large bath plenty of hot water,heated towel rail,decent towels.
Breakfast was brilliant ,cereal and fruit juice followed by a full english all ingredients chosen from the menu ,ordered then freshly cooked.
The hotel is full of character ,and the staff treat you like a valued customer.Brilliant,couldnt fault a thing.

Room Tip: I was in room 206 ,