Marine Lodge
US$65
Hotels.com
US$128
US$118
Burlington Palm Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
US$100
US$98
Knights Court Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
US$120
Furzedown Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
US$87
US$84
Hotwire.com
Bay Carlton Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
US$105
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Victoria(Great Yarmouth)
US$96
US$74
Travelodge Great Yarmouth Hotel(Gorleston-on-Sea)(Great Value!)
US$72
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
All reviewssea viewsea frontbritannia pierlovely hotellovely roomgood sizetea and coffeenight staybiscuitsnext yearpleasure beachenjoyable staybreakfast was excellentseafrontradiator
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We had a disappointing stay at the Marine Lodge last year but that didn't stop us returning again. We booked last minute but still managed to get a lovely sea view room. The room looked like it had been recently refurbished and was nice and clean. The bathroom was lovely and had a power shower - although it did tend to make chugging noises when the pressure was at a certain point. The bathroom was a little dark and would benefit from some better lighting, but that is only a minor complaint.

We ate in the restaurant one morning and although I think it is overpriced, especially when only ordering a rack of toast and a hot drink, the service was good and the views are lovely. We would have eaten in the restaurant for lunch or dinner but it was often empty so there was no atmosphere, but I know from experience that the food is lovely.

The location of the lodge is fantastic, everything is in walking distance. The on site free car parking is great too, especially as you can use it even after you check out.

All the staff were willing to help with our requests and they all provide great customer service.

My only other complaint is that the maids leave items in the corridors when cleaning rooms which can make passing through the narrow corridors difficult, especially when you have shopping or a suitcase in tow. However, the maids did a great job during our stay, replacing towels and topping up coffee/tea/milk in the room on a daily basis.

Overall a lovely break in a lovely hotel. Fingers crossed we'll be back again next year, hopefully for a longer stay.

Room Tip: Choose a sea view room, definitely worth the extra pennies
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Sunshine_rainbow25
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My friends and I booked two rooms for two nights on the 29/07/13 for a break away. The rooms we had were off high standard for the type off hotel it was,the problem was at breakfast were the owners daughter was serving with her mum and dad and a waitress , the daughter was continually arguing with her mum and dad and was really rude too my wife and friends in which other people in the restraunt were not comfortable and enjoying their breakfast , the owners daughter kept shouting out to her parents that she was going to quit or slit her wrist what a thing too here when you are having breakfast. When I complained the following day I felt like they didn't want too know all I got was they talked about it , we never even got a apolgy or nothing , never again would we stay at the hotel again ,which is a shame

Reviewed 31 July 2013

The location of this hotel was great, minutes from the sea and shops; lots of things to do within a short walk. We only ate there once and had dinner, the food was lovely although the menu didn't specify exactly what was to come on the plate however apart from that it was good. The service was good from the waitress and from the receptionist when we first arrived and left.

However, being a women who works in a 4* hotel (different positions so I know my stuff) there were a few things I was not happy about. These were mainly to do with the cleanliness of the room we stayed in. When I arrived I found the mirrors to be dirty, hairs in the bath, on the bathroom floor and in the bed. Also the shower could have been cleaned better as it was not the standard I would have expected.
Due to a change of plans we were in a double with a single bed room, however that was our own fault, not the hotels. Seeing as the room could have slept 3 people I didn't understand why there was only one hand towel and the bigger bath towels were bad quality with one having a hole in. The light above the sink didn't work, the tv signal wasn't very good and the wifi wasn't great either.
The room itself was a bit dated and could have done with a lick of paint, it was also very dusty and obviously hadn't been dusted properly nor hovered as under the beds were dreadful. The cleaners didn't seem like very nice people anyway. Me and my other half were rudely awoken on the second morning of our stay from crying, shouting and disgusting language. We listened as not sure whether it was another guest or not, in the end my boyfriend went to see. It was a mother and daughter cleaning a room together. The language used was awful and if anyone at the hotel I work at was shouting like that they'd of been seriously spoken too. My boyfriend went down to speak to someone about it and all the staff acted unaware and uninterested; not seeming to care and referred to it as a 'difficult situation' - no matter what situation you are in, you do not bring your problems to work, especially if you work in a customer environment. Seeing as both me and my partner have these kinds of roles we didn't not expect that from a 4* hotel.

We visited the bar one night and it was an uncomfortable environment and quickly finished our drinks and returned to our room, I think its safe to say neither of us plan to return to this hotel, didn't think it was worth the amount of money we paid and wouldn't recommend it to anyone we know.

2  Thank Jessica0111
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Me and my boyfriend have just been there for a long weekend and it was a lovely hotel and the staff were soo friendly rooms are really clean and if there's a problem the staff fix it straight away me and my boyfriend were very impressed with it overall and there were a variety things to do around the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Chels3
Reviewed 28 July 2013

This was our fourth time here and was the most enjoyable so far. Our previous visits were only short breaks but this time we spent a full week enjoying the Lodge and Yarmouth.
On our previous visits we didn't use the dining facilities but this time we did, enjoying our main meals here every day.The chef is a competent young chap and most likeable, nothing is too much trouble for him.
One afternoon i fancied some cheese and biscuits for afters which, even though it was not an item on the menu, he obliged to serve along with some melba toast.
We couldn't fault the meals at all, very tasty, well presented, at a competitive price.
As with our previous stays we found the staff most helpful, and friendly, especially Scott who i had a good chat with one evening about Zombies and Doctor Who!
Our room (15) was large with a good sea view. The king size bed is comfortable. Only niggle with the room is that the bathroom is a little small, but we are both a bit on the chunky side so losing a couple of stones or so may improve this!
Going back again soon.

Room Tip: Room 15 is our favourite