“Short break”
Review of Marine Lodge

Marine Lodge
Ranked #36 of 99 Great Yarmouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed here with my elderly mum for three nights. We had ground floor room which was big enough for mum to move around easily. It was light, airy and spotlessly clean. Staff were very friendly. Added bonus was on site car park. Food was very good too! Possibly could do with telephone in room in case of emergency especially for elderly visitors. I had mobile but not all elderly people do!

Room Tip: Rear ground floor room exceptionally big and quiet
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Marine Lodge

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Found this little gem on the net and so glad we did..was only staying for one night but after getting a lovely room with a cracking sea view we stayed for two..staff are really friendly and helpful, it's in a cracking location and we had a lovely breakfast before driving home..would defo recommend

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed at the Marine Lodge, only very briefly, but the rooms were clean and tidy, and the staff pleasant and helpful. Would definitely consider staying at this hotel if I was in the area again. Nearly forgot, there is great parking available.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ColinM179
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Needs major refurbishment and a personality overhaul. Not sure when the 4 stars were achieved but I can't see it as being recent. Small rooms and compact bathroom made it quite an uncomfortable stay. Does what it says on the tin but I wouldn't hurry back. Good location though.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank premier1970
Reviewed 9 May 2014

My company must have made a mistake when they booked me in here, location to the heliport, beach views, good food which I would also like to add the chef stayed behind late to make sure we were fed, all just perfect. Always had a good nights sleep, Wi-Fi & monster breakfast in the morning. Staff & management all brilliant & well trained. I only hope my company make the same mistake again & books me in here next time I work out of Great Yarmouth.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Brent K
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Booked this hotel in advance as could not find 4/5 star accommodation avail for the Easter weekend on the Sea Front. All I can say is I'm so happy 4/5 star accommodation was all booked up and I chose this hotel, From the moment we checked in to the moment we left I've nothing but happy and fond memories of the hotel. It was like home from home. The tight knit staff who though had their own jobs, almost constantly swapped roles seamlessly, so the Bar Manager might be on reception and vice versa but you would never have know the difference. All were so friendly and nothing was too much. It's right on the sea front at the North end of the Beach and free car parking. Nice comfortable bar with views of the sea front. The food we had there was also excellent. We had a family room to accommodate our baby and they provided a cot for him at a very reasonable price. We'd all be more than happy to stay there again should we ever be in that part of the UK. Thank you all for making our stay so enjoyable. PS can you do something about that biting wind that comes straight off the North sea!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Driving around Gt Yarmouth with no idea where to stay for the night, my wife spotted the Marine Lodge, we parked in the free car park and went to reception, very friendly welcome booked in and had a very pleasant stay I can recommend the hotel the rooms are clean and the food is very good we took pot luck and came up trumps, we had a room with a sea view and had no problems at all.

Room Tip: Room 25 looks out to sea.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple