“Weatherspoons! No problem, its fine”
Review of The Troll Cart

The Troll Cart
Ranked #62 of 350 Restaurants in Great Yarmouth
Price range: US$4 - US$17
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Part of the Wetherspoon chain; The Troll Cart Hotel is a newly refurbished pub & hotel situated in the town centre of Great Yarmouth, with plenty of restaurants and entertainment, as well a beach, within a short walk. With 23 en-suite rooms (two of which with accessible rooms) that include tea and coffee facilities, ironing board, hairdryer, free Wi-Fi and air-conditioning. - Two disabled parking spots - Beer garden - Daily club deals inside pub / restaurant - Cheap beverages with a friendly atmosphere - Free Wi-Fi - 24 Hour Reception
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Nothing wrong with this place - a Standard weatherspoons. You know what to expect and it does exactly that. The food is Fine, Cheap Beer and some pretty funny people watching to take part in. Its fine!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I ate at the Troll cart last Tuesday (Steak Night) the 18/03/14 with my wife and two year old son whilst we were staying in Great Yarmouth. My wife ordered the sirloin and asked for it medium rare and it came out just right. I opted for the mixed grill with an added chicken breast for £1.50! The mixed grill was well cooked with the steak medium and the rest of the meats all quite juicy and not dry, with the exception of the sausage. We also ordered sides of hot and spicy prawns, and onion rings which were also good. My son had the chicken nuggets and chips. All in all we we're quite happy, and for just over £25 which we thought it was quite reasonable.

jontee45, Manager at The Troll Cart, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Hi George,

Thankyou for you review. We're glad you enjoyed your visit here and we hope to see you again soon.

The Troll Cart

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Visited this pub on the 2nd date with my girlfriend, was very impressed with the huge selection on the menu and they had some amazing deals! Service was very quick and friendly! Food tasted amazing the only thing i can say is it would have been good to have a few more chips as we only got about 15 and have to visit the local chippie after as we were still a bit peckish! Overall this was a very pleasurable dining experience though and will definitely be coming back again! Keep up the good work Troll Cart!!

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Food was up to Wetherspoons good standards. Service was fast. It was suprising how busy it was at 10 in the morning. Although they will never set the world alight with the dishes they serve at least the food is well prepared, hot and there is a good plate full. I have eaten in quite a few Wetherspoons and the standardisation may be a bit boring but at least you know what you are going to get.
The surrounding in the Troll Cart are are getting a bit shabby and they probably do need a refurbishment but it was still clean and tidy.

Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

Absolute fantastic price for money! Each time I have eaten here I have not been disappointed, the food is always well presented and you seem to get a good plates full! Massive menu selection as well as cheap meal deals, love the idea of being able to add an alcoholic drink on for an extra pound even if the selection is limited! Only thing I would suggest is for the cutlery to be cleaner as on various occasions the cutlery has been filthy before I've gone to cut into my food. Great atmosphere, friendly faces and an all round nice place to eat if you want to grab something quick for lunch or if you just want a natter with friends over a drink.