“outstanding”

Ranked #66 of 343 Restaurants in Great Yarmouth
Price range: US$4 - US$16
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Part of the Wetherspoon chain of pub eateries: pub plus food
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Both myself and my husband use the troll cart on a regular basis and the staff are brilliant there. They will try to accommodate your needs and make your visit as eady as possible.
You don't have to order food but if you do you will be very surprised by the prices.
They do club days with a variey of food or you can just order of the menu. The drinks are also very reasonable too.
We have tried almost everything of the menu. But the best meal we had wad the fish and chips, proper flaky fish yum yum.
All the staff are friendly especially katie,martin, todd, flick and look out for ricardo very polite and courteous young man.
Hope this review is helpful

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Just visited the The Troll Cart in Great Yarmouth this evening, very disappointed with the food and the shift managers interest/ability to rectify the situation. The roast chicken dinner, was most definitely overcooked, the texture was like a leather shoe and the sausages wrapped in bacon were black and crumbled like charcoal. Shift managers response, "everything is cooked to the Wetherspoons specification". Quite frankly this is not good enough, even a 'value meal' should be edible. Whilst the shift manager agreed that she would not eat the meal, an apology and a replacement meal or a refund would have been a more appropriate response.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

we were led to a table by a young man who left us to our devices for at least half an hour, we had to really push to get our drink order. there isnt a lot a varied choice its all very basic all very same-y. my friend and myself had a chicken cesar salad each. i honestly could have made it myself, dry prepacked salad, and half drowned in dressing, it was soggy and all i could taste was vinegar. the tables are crammed in and i was an inch from bumping elbows with my neighbouring diners. i would recommend it to be honest.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Nothing wrong with this place - a Standard weatherspoons. You know what to expect and it does exactly that. The food is Fine, Cheap Beer and some pretty funny people watching to take part in. Its fine!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I ate at the Troll cart last Tuesday (Steak Night) the 18/03/14 with my wife and two year old son whilst we were staying in Great Yarmouth. My wife ordered the sirloin and asked for it medium rare and it came out just right. I opted for the mixed grill with an added chicken breast for £1.50! The mixed grill was well cooked with the steak medium and the rest of the meats all quite juicy and not dry, with the exception of the sausage. We also ordered sides of hot and spicy prawns, and onion rings which were also good. My son had the chicken nuggets and chips. All in all we we're quite happy, and for just over £25 which we thought it was quite reasonable.

jontee45, Manager at The Troll Cart, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Hi George,

Thankyou for you review. We're glad you enjoyed your visit here and we hope to see you again soon.

The Troll Cart