“A star lost because of other diners”
Review of The Courtyard

The Courtyard
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: This restaurant was formerly called Lazzarellas for which there are several Reviews existing - see the list as I informed you at the end of last year it would be closing. The new owners have improved everything. New decorations, new menu and crockery etc.
Reviewed 10 January 2014

When we arrived at The Courtyard I honestly felt "Oh no". This was because there was a noisy party of 12 adults in this very small restaurant. Although a lot of shrieking and "happy" shouting was taking place we did decide to stay and eat as I thought the noise may quieten when the party started to eat their meals. I was wrong. I had difficulty hearing my friend speak throughout our evening although she was sat opposite me. I had a headache by the time we left.

The food was excellent however and very good value for money. The two members of staff were very friendly and welcoming. I will defiantly return but not when a large group has booked a table!

3  Thank teresaplane

Reviewed 17 November 2013

What can I say that hasn't already been said. We have frequently walked passed The Courtyard and the smells have been devine. So, for my partners birthday treat I booked us a table, (several weeks in advance) We were not dissapointed......... from the moment we walked in we felt like royalty and every other customer was treated the same. We deliberated over the menu, and really would have liked to try a piece of everything on it. Kate was so patient with us. The meal was beyond expectation. And our plates returned to the kitchen empty. The look on Phill's face when they brought his dessert with a candle and everyone sang Happy Birthday. Thank you Katy & Dave for a wonderful experience which i cannot wait to do again.

2  Thank phillhelen
Reviewed 4 November 2013

It is small, there is no getting away from that. 20 Covers in a cosy space that would really have been happier with 10. Nicely done out and pleasant. A modest range of Italian meals not over priced. The house red was excellent value. The food was ok without grabbing you. We did not have time for a sweet. The service was excellent and friendly.

3  Thank Patrick S
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Travelling from London to Great Yarmouth my wife and I had no hesitation in booking again our evening at The Courtyard Restaurant having first visited earlier in the year. The service quality and food were just as good as we remembered, if not better, ably delivered by Katy, front of house, and David, the chef. I had just undergone some radical dentistry work so David was good enough to amend the already exceptional menu to accommodate me. For the first time in a month I thoroughly enjoyed every course of my three course meal. The atmosphere is just right with both David and Katy more than willing to talk to their guests with often conversations flowing between the guests themselves who find they have something in common - the quality of this restaurant itself. We shall certainly be back but it is essential you book beforehand.

1  Thank John W
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Have just had one of the most enjoyable dining experiences I could have ever wished for!!!
The food was simply divine and honestly rivaled my last trip to naples!!
The service was exceptional, the atmosphere was relaxed, welcoming, fun and Katy made me feel like a long lost friend.
As for value for money??? I would gladly pay 3 times the price....you can not believe what you get for what you pay....to the smallest details this couple have it nailed!!!
To Katy..I can't thank you enough for such a lovely evening for myself and my friends.
And to David the chef.....thank you for a meal I will not forget for a long time...your scallops were simply divine!!!
We hope to see you both again very soon x

3  Thank kellyboots13