“A most excellent night!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Courtyard

The Courtyard
Ranked #17 of 325 Restaurants in Great Yarmouth
Price range: US$0 - US$14
Cuisines: Italian, European, British
Good for: Cheap Eats, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: This restaurant was formerly called Lazzarellas for which there are several Reviews existing - see the list as I informed you at the end of last year it would be closing. The new owners have improved everything. New decorations, new menu and crockery etc.
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
“A most excellent night!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

Great hospitality, warmth, tremendous atmosphere and gorgeous food.
What more could you want on a night out with family.
I would thoroughly recommend this tiny restaurant.
They say the best things come in little packages.
Wonderful!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Pandyann

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Lovely food and service to match”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

My first time at 'The Courtyard' though my partner had been a couple of times previously. This is a unique place, very small, quaint and off the beaten track. I found the service to be excellent, the hostess was welcoming, proffesional and very friendly. The menu was just right for a small venue and most of all, the food was excellent, and served with that extra care that makes a evening special. We have already booked to go again.
Simon

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Simon H
Norwich, United Kingdom
“A star lost because of other diners”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

When we arrived at The Courtyard I honestly felt "Oh no". This was because there was a noisy party of 12 adults in this very small restaurant. Although a lot of shrieking and "happy" shouting was taking place we did decide to stay and eat as I thought the noise may quieten when the party started to eat their meals. I was wrong. I had difficulty hearing my friend speak throughout our evening although she was sat opposite me. I had a headache by the time we left.

The food was excellent however and very good value for money. The two members of staff were very friendly and welcoming. I will defiantly return but not when a large group has booked a table!

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank teresaplane
Norwich
“Phill's birthday meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

What can I say that hasn't already been said. We have frequently walked passed The Courtyard and the smells have been devine. So, for my partners birthday treat I booked us a table, (several weeks in advance) We were not dissapointed......... from the moment we walked in we felt like royalty and every other customer was treated the same. We deliberated over the menu, and really would have liked to try a piece of everything on it. Kate was so patient with us. The meal was beyond expectation. And our plates returned to the kitchen empty. The look on Phill's face when they brought his dessert with a candle and everyone sang Happy Birthday. Thank you Katy & Dave for a wonderful experience which i cannot wait to do again.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank phillhelen
Great Yarmouth
“Pleasant but a little short on space”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

It is small, there is no getting away from that. 20 Covers in a cosy space that would really have been happier with 10. Nicely done out and pleasant. A modest range of Italian meals not over priced. The house red was excellent value. The food was ok without grabbing you. We did not have time for a sweet. The service was excellent and friendly.

• Visited November 2013