“Food you could expect from a Top restaurant!”
Review of Barking Smack

Barking Smack
Ranked #136 of 347 Restaurants in Great Yarmouth
Price range: US$4 - US$33
Cuisines: Chinese, British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The New Barking Smack Is Open For The 2014 Season Serving Real Ales, Lagers, Wine & Spirits. As Well As English & Chinese Cuisine. Families Welcome!!! (Please note from mid 2013 Bullitt Is no longer trading from the barking smack)
Reviewed 2 September 2012

HIGHLY RECCOMEND- Great food and staff were really helpful even with my 2 very busy small boys nothing was any trouble. Bar is on the sea front with a BbQ shack outside, this is what got our attention! The fish is so fresh as it comes straight from the fisherman every morning. My husband and I had the grey mullet which was cooked to perfection in a stone oven & was so fresh, my little boy had a kIds burger and never left a bit. We went back again tonight & my husband had fish curry and I had a burger. The food was to the same high standard as before, we may even go back tomorrow before we head back to London!!

Reviewed 26 August 2012

Yarmouth isn't known for its restaurants, so we were very excited about finding the Bullit BBQ at The Barking Smack. The pub is a very lovely thing itself, serving a range of local ales and not the usual continental lagers. But the Bullit BBQ is fantastic. They cook outside on a chargrill and in a woodfired oven, offering a simple, but very well chosen menu of steaks, burgers and sides alongside a specials menu including locally caught fish.

The chefs clearly know what they're doing- our burgers were gorgeous, as good as trendy places like MeatLiquor and Spuntino in London. It's clear that these are the influences for Bullit- there's a quote from Michelin-starred US chef Thomas Keller on the menu, which is not something you expect to see in Yarmouth!

Best restaurant in Yarmouth by a country mile, and very good prices too, considering the high quality of the ingredients, and the skill of the chefs. I hope they have the success they deserve, and encourage other restaurants in Yarmouth to up their game!

Reviewed 21 August 2012

Well what can I say, a breath of fresh air!!

Food is of superb quality an very different from anything you expect to find at a seaside town but still keeping the traditional values just with a different style, absolutely loved my visit and would recommend to anyone heading that way!

Great selection of real ales and ciders, especially loved the fruity touch which when the sun wasn't shining it still felt like summer!

Very friendly staff and the entertainment on sat night was just awesome ;-)

When we return in the winter we will definitely be heading back, see you soon

Reviewed 12 August 2012 via mobile

Well this is a turn up for the books. When i visited mid July i asked proprieter why he wasn't on tripadvisor? Have i convinced him ? Well here goes. What a find this place is. The food was delicious. The burgers cooked to order were perfect. The veggie burger option was super tasty. Great value for money and will defo return if in the area!!!

Reviewed 8 August 2012

Along with other reviewers, I have to agree about the quality of these burgers foremost - they were absolutely delicious. I went to this place a few times during my stay in Yarmouth and only regret not having a burger until the last day, for I would have surely ate up some more of these again.

Drinks wise, this place also hits the spot. They served a good array of local ales, alongside award winning real ciders and good continental lagers – not a nasty Carling or Carlsberg in sight.

The staff were friendly and it had a relaxed and pleasant atmosphere inside.

Would I recommend it to a friend? Yes definitely.