“Excellent lunch”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Just had a fantastic lunch with my parents the food was excellent.
Lots of choice from starters ,mains and desserts this is the second time that we have had lunch and both times excellent we all loved it my mum said its the best meal that she has had in a long time so must be good .
Well done to everyone great job
Ps you must try the evening restaurant it is also great .
We will be back .

Mark W, Manager at Ambitions Training Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for your kind review of Ambitions and we are glad that you and your parents enjoyed your meal with us and hope you return to see us again soon

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I visited Ambitions for the first time yesterday for Lunch . What a superb experience. The food was excellent as was the presentation. The staff were extremely attentive and friendly without being overly so. The overall experience and standard was way above most pubs and very favorable compared with many pub bistros that I have visited. At first sight that may not appear to be particularly startling but when you consider that the restaurant is run by, the food prepared by and cooked mainly by students, then this puts it in context. If this restaurant was in the middle of a town I believe most customers would not guess that the staff were trainees. A nice touch at the end was to be able to talk to a couple of the trainee chefs who visited the tables at the end of the meal for what turned out to be an interesting chat. Overall? A really good experience.

Thank you for your kind review of Ambitions and that you enjoyed your visit to us. We hope that you will return to see us again soon and see how our students have progressed with their studies both front of house and in the kitchen.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I enjoyed a fabulous 3 course meal with my 10 colleagues today. What an outstanding experience! I have never had a working lunch like it, the quality of the food was excellent and the service was attentive without being intrusive. I would certainly not hesitate to recommend the restaurant and was very pleased that the whole experience was so professional and enjoyable. All my colleagues were extremely impressed and we will most definitely be booking again and I am sure that many of us will be returning with friends and family too.
Many thanks to the staff & students; a great team

Thank you for your review of Ambitions and we are all glad you enjoyed your lunch time experience with us. We all look forward to you returning to us again soon

Reviewed 25 March 2014

When writing about this restaurant, I have to appreciate that students are preparing the food in the large kitchen, others no doubt have chosen the menu, while the remainder are serving the food in the pleasant dining area.
Upon arrival we were offered drinks at the bar, where there is comfortable seating for several diners. It was the very first time for the young girl behind the bar and she was doing well until it came to the gin and tonic ,which she had never served before !
Service IS slow, but it must be frightening for these young people, meeting the public for maybe the first time. There is a supervisor, but certainly did not see him 'supervising', he seemed more interested in serving drinks at the bar for people who had ended their meal.
Generally the service was promising and the students will become more confident in time. They must remember that being in the restaurant business is extremely rewarding, although hard work with difficult hours.
The food was impressive - how is it possible to compare with the professionals - and well presented. It was very good and certainly better than many restaurants in Great Yarmouth.
A starter of grilled sardines on toast and another of cannelloni were both well received. The main course of pork with a port juice was very tasty and the six different vegetables were fresh and nicely cooked.
Unfortunately the wine list is not for fine wine enthusiasts and is very limited.
All told a very interesting experience and I wish ALL the students well in the future.
I suppose it must be far more exciting being in a kitchen or serving, rather than being in a classroom, trying to learn latin !

2  Thank MartinDNorwich
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I visited Ambitions for the first time on Thursday evening and was very impressed. The restaurant itself is very impressive and the food was superb. We had a five course meal, the Skate starter was perfect the fish fell apart. Main course was chicken wrapped in pancetta and again this was delicious, well presented, good temperature and just the right portion size. I have to be honest and say I didn't know what to expect as this is Great Yarmouth Colleges training restaurant but was very impressed. The students were polite, did everything they could to help and coped well with the pressures of cooking for and serving various groups of people. Would I recommend Ambitions to anyone? Most definitely. I will certainly be returning.

Thank you for your kind review of your first visit to Ambitions, we are very glad that you enjoyed your evening with us and the whole experience, we look forward to you returning to see us again soon