Furzedown Hotel
The Cliff Hotel(Gorleston-on-Sea)
US$92
Imperial Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
US$128
Burlington Palm Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
US$96
US$93
Knights Court Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
US$84
Travelocity
Andover House Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
US$124
Hotel Victoria(Great Yarmouth)
US$82
Hotels.com
The Waverley Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
US$78
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
The Pier Hotel(Gorleston-on-Sea)
US$100
Travelodge Great Yarmouth Hotel(Gorleston-on-Sea)(Great Value!)
US$77
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
All reviewssea viewcar park at the rearfamily run hotelwell stocked barsea frontlovely hotelrecommend this hotelopposite the beachnothing is too much troublekippersfamily roomnext yearno liftenglish breakfasttop floorfull englishfriendly welcome
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2014

As Paul was standing over me holding a water-pistol to my head because I forgot to review our last visit in February, I will do it now before I forget again.

My husband and I have stayed there more times than I remember - every time we go to Yarmouth.

We were there on family business, to move my aunt from Norfolk to a care home near us in Somerset. Hard work driving there, packing, loading car etc..
Good to go back at night to the familiarity of the Furzedown each night. Greeted as old friends on arrival, clean comfortable room, good meals, very helpful finding space to store the wheelchair we had brought with us for my aunt on the return journey (she and I travelled by train) nothing too much trouble.
Dining room staff always so good - polite, friendly, efficient young women, usually students, always look immaculate.
Wouldn't consider staying anywhere else in Yarmouth.

Ok, Paul, you can put the water pistol away now.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Goldfinchsong
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This was a 2nd return for some off us, We stayed here for here for 4 nights. The staff are so friendly welcoming and will go out there way to help you. The food was delious. We had a lovely holiday, we will be back.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Knibbs123
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Excellent location, far enough from the seedier end of town but close enough to walk to sample what's on offer. Good standard of room, not business class but it doesn't pretend to be. Clean and tidy with lovely Edwardian exterior and immaculate frontage and rear area. Very friendly and helpful staff with decent breakfast. I didn't try the evening menu as the service finished a bit early for me. The WiFi is decent but the tiny flat screen TV might disappoint some people, not me as I don't watch it much. A nervous driver may find the side entrance to the car park a bit of an ordeal as it's a bit of a tight squeeze.

All in all, good value for money.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jon M
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The property is located in a better part of town directly on a nicer part of the sea front. There is an outside seating area, guest lounge, bar and restaurant.

My only staff interactions were a friendly check-in and pleasant breakfast service.

My particular room was particularly small and it was clean apart from an old cobweb with black dust.

WiFi worked very well. The TV was flat screen but small.

The bed squeaked.

It took too long to get a stable temperature in the shower and the water pressure was poor.

I did not use the bar or restaurant. Breakfast was about as would be expected in such a three star property - yogurt, jam, one tinned fruit but no fresh fruit, hot food with nice touches like the availability of kippers but no bakery or pastries of any kind aside from toast and no cheese or cold meats.

Compared to other properties in Great Yarmouth this is overall a reasonable property at a fair price but there was not enough to make me return when the competition across the river in Gorleston offers more for a price, which depending on availability can be not much more.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rob-London07
Reviewed 28 May 2014

the wife & myself recently stayed at this wonderful small hotel for 3 x nights , we booked at short notice & were made very welcome . although we only had bed & breakfast , the room had a sea view & it was quiet when we stayed [ midweek ] . when we arrived after a very long journey from BURNHAM ON SEA SOMERSET Paul the boss [ I think ] was on hand to welcome us . the food [ breakfast ] was very good . all in all no complaints .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple