“no chance of going again”
Review of The Hamilton

The Hamilton
Ranked #54 of 98 Great Yarmouth B&B and Inns
bedfordshire
“no chance of going again”
Reviewed 4 August 2011

the bedroom was small, the ensuite tiny, we are slim, anybody a wee bit bigger would not have fitted in. there is no shelving for toiletries - a towel rack above the toilet, hand and shower gel half full so obviously used by other guests. dark red towels which were hard. I bought some to use. no chair in the bedroom ( no room for one) one bedside cabinet (no room for two). old tv. just channels 1.2.3.4. only room service for one night out of three. good choice of breakfast.very nice dining room. friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank flicky12343

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2011

I stayed at The Hamilton for business for two nights. I found the staff to be friendly and accommodating. The hotel itself is a tired and in need of some tidying up around the grounds, (mattress in car park) . My room was room two. It is a single bedded room with en suite facilities. its 7 foot by 11 which i believe to be tiny! The mattress is so shattered that it has no life in it what so ever, and the bed itself is in need of a few screws tightening.

I wish people reading this to take on board that i do realise that it is difficult times for small business's but there are certain standards that must be made. Even more so when they are displaying a four star AA review certificate in the entrance way.

In summary this is a very basic hotel which does the job. Just don't expect any frills.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank traynord16

Travellers are raving about these Great Yarmouth hotels

Huntingdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2011

Stayed here with friends in February. The room was spartan, the en-suite just a partition with a sliding door. There is no heating in the en-suite and I would not recommend visiting in winter. The bedroom itself was cold and the radiator was turned down whenever we left. The bedding was thin and an extra blanket was put on top of the quilt and I slept with my clothes on. I have stayed in lots of B&Bs who deserve the 4 star status, however, this property does not merit a 4 star. The website does not match any rooms that we saw. The large bar was cold and clinical and not welcoming and unnecessary. I think the property is too large for a B&B "guesthouse". Breakfast was eaten wearing a coat. English Breakfast was only so so. There is plenty of room for improvement. If bedrooms are too small for en-suite, don't make them en-suite, better to have excellent furnishings and a bathroom down the hall, rather than try cramming something horrendous into the bedroom. I hated having to pay so much money for such a let down.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Debs600
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2011

I booked this hotel over the internet,which shows images of it being rather modern and spacious,but in fact it was very small,dated and tired,in much need of a face lift.You certainly do not get vaule for money with this place.You can stay in far better places for the same sort of money.On a positive note the staff seemed friendly.Apart from that I was extremely disappointed.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank stigofthedump25
Stevenage
Reviewed 21 April 2011

My stay at the Hamilton was a pleasure...........
The location was ideal for both the beach & the Town centre. This family run hotel takes the time to greet its customers with a smile & very polite. The room was of a generous size & the breakfast was tasty & great value.

I have stayed at many Bed & breakfasts & this is one of the best.
Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Good location
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2011

My wife and I stayed at the hamilton early in March, we were very pleased with the beautifully designed web site and we trusted that the hotel would live up to this. Unfortunatly it did not.
I have read the previous e mail and I am pleased that the couple had a very enjoyable stay. Unfortunatly my experience was the exact opposite. Most probably the owners were having an off day, but they do need to realise, that we have paid for this experience, one I will not have again. I could write all day, but I do not feel I would get any where. To fellow travellers out there, I felt let down by the over all accomodation and mannerism of the staff and owners, but again a fellow travellers previous review is glowing.
Please do not always put your faith in the accomodations websites, as you will only feel let down.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lockieheart
HamiltonGY, Owner at The Hamilton, responded to this review, 8 May 2011
The review really does not say anything except that perhaps our visitors should have booked a 4 star hotel and not 4 star guest accommodation. As always as we would say to all our guests, if there are any queries, please speak to us - we cannot help once you have departed!!

David & Loraine
Diss, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2011

I stayed in this hotel with my girlfriend at the beggining of February. I am not one to normally write reviews but must say that the level of service and the approach of the two owners was brilliant. I was made to feel welcome, The hotel has a lovely homely feel to it and I must say has the most comfortable sitting room I ever been in. It helped that the owners run the hotel personally so you got that extra little bit of service that you wouldnt get on a run of the mill place. This hotel is great value for money......They are always willing to go the extra mile. I have stayed in yarmouth on various ocasions and I am so happy that I ended up here I will be coming back for years to come.
One quick tip is book a sea view room for that little bit extra it makes the difference to waking up looking out to the sea.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple