I have read through the reviews already given by some customers, which has given me a very amusing time of reading. I didnt find the door step dirty (are we back in the 40's where steps were scrubbed for hours??), I also did not mind the hotel being 'locked' at the entrance, I lock my own house before leaving and unlock on my return (normal practice) so I don't see the problem.
I am an animal lover so would always refrain from swinging mice, cats or any other small furries around the room to calculate its size, if it bothered me that much I would have brought a tape measure. Mine was a perfectly adequate size for my stay with a lovely clean, useable bathroom which had all the necessary amenities, I'm afraid mine didnt have moisturiser either but I didnt expect it to so had brought my own.
Our food was second to none, massive portions which was super quality and extremely well cooked. Service was quick and nothing was too much trouble. All amenities were within a few minutes walk and ideally for me directly across the road was a beach and obviously the sea! But then I wanted a hotel that wasnt surrounded by the jangling and rowdy music of slot machines. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and certainly will do. If I make another visit to Yarmouth they will be the first I will ask.
Although the idea of staying in Fawlty Towers sounds appealing as an evenings amusement, I think I would much rather stay in the Kensington as neither Basil nor Sybil appeared at any moment in time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in one of the prettiest parts of the seafront overlooking the illuminated Venetian waterways and rock gardens, the Kensington with its stunning sea views is the ideal choice.Set in its own well kept grounds with ample parking, it is opposite the golden sandy beach. The Britannia Pier and the Golden Mile are only a short stroll away.Tastefully decorated in a traditional style, the Kensington has recently undergone a major refurbishment programme. All of the 26 bedrooms are individually designed and furnished to give maximum comfort and many have superb sea views. The premises has no step access to the restaurant, bar and function room. There is a ramp to the front of the property and an accessibility statement is available. Wheelchairs can be accommodated in the public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kensington Hotel Great Yarmouth
- The Kensington Great Yarmouth, Norfolk