“Lovely hotel”

Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Great Yarmouth
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We visited this lovely hotel on17th August , with our friends for my husbands birthday.
What a lovely welcome from Kayleigh , she was friendly lovely and very helpful, she gave our friends a 2nd choice of room, as she explained there room may be [ a bit noisy], which was very appreciated..
Both of our rooms were spotless, we had lovely sea views ,
Breakfast the next morning was delicious we had full English , good quality sausage, and hot toast unlimited coffee, only one waitress serving but she was BRILLIANT, very hard worker and very efficient, the prom bar/Pub staff were just as friendly , it has a very nice ambiance and nice surroundings .
We will definitely be visiting again .
Thanks again to KAYLEIGH you were so lovely,
Sharon and Vicky

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sharon L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed from Friday 23rd to Sunday 25th August. We have stayed here several times now in different rooms on different floors. This time we were on the top floor bit of a hike up the stairs but it was fine. The room had a nice view of the sea and pier, and parking is right outside in front of the cinema in a locked area. Parking is £3 a day which I think is very reasonable for this area and it is secure. I can defintely advise staying in this hotel it is 1 minute walk to the shops and the beach is right opposite the entrance. The Pub ont he Prom does lovely meals at reasonable prices and its not noisy. Staff are very friendly and attentive. The only downside this time was the bed in our room had a bit dip in it on my side of the bed, it didnt stop me sleeping as I am shorter than my partner but it wasnt that comfortable to sleep on. Also the WIFI in the hotel wasnt working very well and the signal didnt reach our floor of the hotel, but from speaking to the hotel they are looking to replace the whole WIFI system to something stronger and better.

Room Tip: Get a room on the first floor as cooler and you have less stairs to walk up and down.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank trickytres
Buckingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2013

me and my partner stayed here and it was lovely, rooms are very clean and tidy with sea views, staff are all very friendly and welcoming, the food was abit of let down but great location and pleasant stay,our room was on the corner above the bar and outside area but we didn't have any problems with noise and this was a friday night, previous reviews have mentioned problems with noise. would defo stay here again

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hayley l
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a long weekend & I specifically booked it due to the layout of the family room, there was a very spacious double with an ensuite & then a hallway leading to a further bedroom with 3 single beds in. It was perfect for us as the kids are older & don't really want to be in the same room as us. It's location is brilliant, the pub is great & both my partner & brother in law raved about the San Miguel (the best they've ever had apparently!) it's right by Regent Road & Britannia Pier a stones throw from the beach. The parking was in the cinema car park which is very close & secure much better than parking on the road. The downsides I would say were that the furnishings in the room could do with an update, the pine wardrobe in the kids room particularly as there was an elastic band around the door knobs to keep the doors closed ... It did amuse my daughter though when they took it off & not only the doors but the drawer opened too! Also we couldn't get the tv to work in the kids room but never got around to telling anyone until we left as we were out a lot so it wasn't a problem for us but obviously would be for some. I did think it was pricey but even so I would definately recommend it due to its fab location, the room layout, the parking & of course the pub. Also worth mentioning is Champagne Charlie's a few doors down, had a lovely evening sat outside with bubbly watching the world go by :-)

• Stayed August 2013
Sheffield, UK
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I do quite like this hotel, I've stayed a few times, but the last time an undercooked burger left me with sickness and vomiting for 24 hours, so I'll not be back.

Some rooms here are very large, and the bathrooms are always spacious and have a lot of surface space for towels/toiletries. The decor is very new and modern, and TV's etc. The power does go off if you remove your room key, which makes sense for cost as well as environmental reasons, but is annoying if you want to charge your laptop whilst out. Plug socket by the bed which is a must for me!

The car park annoys me greatly. You collect a key from reception (my car was in the process of being towed the first time I stayed while I collected the key!) go and unlock a padlock, park, close padlock, return key to reception. The car park isn't even "secure" because it's open to people walking through and therefore vandalism. Keycard access would be money well spent!

It also suffers from noise from the strip club opposite, until 1am, if your room faces it.

Aside from the food poisoning I probably would have dealt with the car park and stayed again (I'm around on business 2 days a week so I'd get bored of my favourites now and again!) but I can't face another 24 hours like that. Yes, it was extra fun negotiating the car park feeling lousy.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the pub and as far from the strip club as possible!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2013

we just got back from staying at the prom hotel on Saturday, we stayed in the family room, it was large & clean it had everything you needed the staff was friendly and helpful and the breakfast was lovely we was very impressed with the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kane0
Loughborough, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

The staff are very friendly and helpful... No problems at all with any of them. The room 103 has clean walls but the carpet is nearing its end. The bath panel was hanging off when we arrived so I had too put it back on. There is no Air con so a ceiling fan would have been excellent or even a portable fan on offer in the room as the windows only open 6 inch for security reasons. The decor in the bathroom was a little poor as I had a flake of paint come down on me when taking a shower! The ceiling needs too be fully repainted in damp proof paint... a simple fix. A real concern are the taps for the shower as they are not marked hot / cold and it could be a danger too a child or even an elderly person.... Again, a simple fix. It was stated that a hairdryer and flat screen TV's are in all rooms but they were not in ours? Now for the good points.... A hair dryer was sorted for us by the very good staff!! The bar below is very nice and a big thanks too my personal Cocktail maker ( her first time) as it was very nice. The breakfast was very good and the fruit bowl , full English and service we could not knock. The parking just across a small road is also brill but a little old fashioned with a key and padlock idea. Swipe card system would be an advantage. Overall, it's a shame the little things let it down but I would say give it a try ( take your own fan and flat screen TV).

• Stayed July 2013