“Absolutely amazing!”

Comfort Hotel Great Yarmouth
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Great Yarmouth
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The comfort hotel may not have absolutely glamorous rooms but I like them! They have comfortable beds and best of all a kettle as I do like a tea as I wake up! The breakfast is lovely too there is a wide range to chose from and the staff are lovely and willing to help which to me is very important. At the front desk I am greeted by some lovely people who welcome you and give you the run down of the hotel including times of when food is served and when they test their fire alarms so you aren't rudely awakened by the annoying sound! The hotel is situated in the best place in my opinion as its literally a minute walk and you are at the seafront and probably a 5 minute walk one way and you hit the pleasure beach and the pleasure beach gardens, go 5 minutes the other way and you get to Britannia pier. There is so much to do and you don't even have to pay four travel once you are there! Also at the front of the hotel there are leaflets with amazing discounts in it, I have currently visited and I got £2.50 off the circus per person so we saved £5 making it very cheap and the circus is literally just around the corner as well. I highly suggest people stay here as it is my favourite in great Yarmouth!

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 30 July 2013

This hotel could offer so much more. Whilst the staff were very helpful, the hotel could do with a make over. The bathroom was tired and far from modern - the shower left much to be desired. Would I stay there again? I'd probably try another one of a comparable price in the town to be fair.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Have stayed before - chose to stay again.

Aging hotel, very well kept, obvious signs of money invested to maintain competitive edge (outside space was very, very pleasant).

Every member of staff was lovely, and made for a very personal yet professional visit.

Great location: V.close to beach / strip, yet far enough out to be peaceful.
Great people: Small hotel staff were really human, and despite always being busy, never overlooked simple things like seeing you as an individual.
Good food: Having travelled a lot for work, I've seen more Hotel breakfasts than I care to remember. This wasn't the largest spread, but all well done. Evening meals were good.

I would return again.
You can not discount the Comfort Hotel in Great Yarmouth if you're going up!

Room Tip: Think about whether you want the warmth from the sun in the morning, or evening, obviously this will...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Room and other areas were clean, as was linen, the shower was not very powerful and the toilet did make a weird noise when flushing.
Staff were very helpful.
Only downside was the shower area needs updating, and the car park and building itself lets itself down badly at the rear.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

The hotel is located in a lovely area.
We enjoyed the entertainment and staff very hospitable and the food was great.
I noticed the windows were being cleaned when we were there but only the front. Shame our room windows weren't cleaned as they are very dirty on the outside.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 17 July 2013

reasonable rates , brilliant breakfast clean comfortable hotel.
Staff welcoming , friendly and knowledgable of the local area.
Close to sea front , quiete area , and some free parking slots
one of the better hotels in Yarmouth that cater for the flexibility of independent travellers

Room Tip: Hotel can cater to individual needs just ask for your requirements.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
SKC H, Operations Director @ SKC Group at Comfort Hotel Great Yarmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Dear archiecambridge,

Thank you very much for your great comments. As ever, feedback is genuinely appreciated and we hope to continue to be able to offer well priced accommodation with a smile and good food. Don't forget we now have free wifi too. . .

We look forward to the pleasure of your company again soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

I was greeted by really friendly staff on arrival. Quick check in.
Went to room. Average sized double the decor had seen better days but was fine and the mattress was a littlelumpy but eveverything else was good. Ordered room service for an additional £2.50 (reasonable).
When the food came I was pleasantly surprised. Massive portions and the prices are very reasonable.
Would I stay again. Yes just maybe in a different room. Customer service 10/10 :-)

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Kelswd

Hi Kelswd,

Our thanks to you for such a lovely review. We're always really pleased to see comments about the team here as they are the most important part of our business. I'm very sorry your room didn't quite meet your requirements. We are already looking into this. If we can do anything to improve any customer experience we will certainly try.

I'll pass on your comments to our Head Chef and I'm very pleased that you enjoyed your meal along with the portion size! Don't forget to keep an eye out for our regular meal deals. . .