The room (24) small with sink in room, separate toilet which had frosted glass, no curtain or blind, so you could see people in the street. What we thought was a cupboard was the shower! Every hotel I have stayed in had complimentary shower gel etc but no, just a tiny piece of soap. No hairdryer. Tea tray was on the windowsill as nowhere else to put it, there were 4 teabags in a plastic bag, obviously been there a while as the tea tasted stewed. The walls were extremely thin and the gentlemen in the next room could be plainly heard talking and then snoring. The lamp did not work. There was no phone in the room, the closest one was on the ground floor on the wall, what would happen if someone was taken ill. The light at the top of the stairs didn't automatically come on which made it dark to come down the stairs along side of the stairlift. I wonder what H&S reports say. The car park is not large enough and visitors are requested to leave their keys at reception for the car to be moved if required. Sign says 'park at own risk' the hotel takes no responsibility for any problem, this would probably negate visitors insurance.
At the entrance to the dining room there was a horrible smell, this was handled by a staff member spraying airfreshner before visitors entered the dining room. I could carry on listing lots of things wrong but I would not recommend the hotel quite the reverse. In it's day I am sure the hotel was beautiful but it has been allowed to become old and tired and has just had sticking plasters put everywhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You are assured of a warm welcome at this sea front hotel. Family run, we have 40 bedrooms all en-suite 4 of them have disabled friendly wet room showers and balconies overlooking wellesley park. We can cater for coach parties or individuals. Special diets etc. with at least 4 nights live entertainment you dont have to go far to enjoy yourselves. We have a new lift to all floors please give us a try. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Sea Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hadleigh Gables Great Yarmouth
- The Sea Princess Great Yarmouth, Norfolk