“Hadleigh Gables hotel”
Review of The Sea Princess

The Sea Princess
Ranked #20 of 21 Hotels in Great Yarmouth
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Just returned from this hotel. I would not advise anyone to stay here. I agree with all the comments re room 24. Very small room, cupboard for a shower, toilet had no blind so you can be seen from the street.Tea and coffee making facilities were ridiculous on the window sill, 1 chair, sink in the room (not good if your sharing).The hallways always dark and there were steps easy to trip on.Parking outside was not possible as the area was always full (probably staff cars). And lastly the internet WIFI was very poor.DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL.

Room Tip: Would not stay in any of the rooms.Hotel was poor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank almarea

Reviewed 14 August 2013

breakfast passable evening meal soups good meat very nice vegetables rock hard uneatable desertts ok waitress very friendly room was small but clean bathroom not in good shape two arguements between manager and staff while i was there bar service laughable too much waiting while barman seen to reception not his fault lack of staff

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank terence g
Reviewed 9 August 2013

The room (24) small with sink in room, separate toilet which had frosted glass, no curtain or blind, so you could see people in the street. What we thought was a cupboard was the shower! Every hotel I have stayed in had complimentary shower gel etc but no, just a tiny piece of soap. No hairdryer. Tea tray was on the windowsill as nowhere else to put it, there were 4 teabags in a plastic bag, obviously been there a while as the tea tasted stewed. The walls were extremely thin and the gentlemen in the next room could be plainly heard talking and then snoring. The lamp did not work. There was no phone in the room, the closest one was on the ground floor on the wall, what would happen if someone was taken ill. The light at the top of the stairs didn't automatically come on which made it dark to come down the stairs along side of the stairlift. I wonder what H&S reports say. The car park is not large enough and visitors are requested to leave their keys at reception for the car to be moved if required. Sign says 'park at own risk' the hotel takes no responsibility for any problem, this would probably negate visitors insurance.
At the entrance to the dining room there was a horrible smell, this was handled by a staff member spraying airfreshner before visitors entered the dining room. I could carry on listing lots of things wrong but I would not recommend the hotel quite the reverse. In it's day I am sure the hotel was beautiful but it has been allowed to become old and tired and has just had sticking plasters put everywhere.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 24 or the rooms on either side
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank IrisNottingham
Reviewed 4 August 2013

stayed here knowing it was a basic hotel, with my granddaughter for 2 nights b/b. the overall look of our room was tired and dated but clean, the linen was clean, white, and the towels fresh, and a fairly new bathroom meant that we slept well and had good hot showers.The breakfast was ok though the bacon could have been cooked a little longer, and the dinning room a bit cramped. But on the whole as a basic hotel I got what I needed, The service though was very good and everyone we met were helpful and friendly. Overall our stay was ok, but if I had been looking to treat myself I wouldn't have been looking at this hotel

Room Tip: the twin beds are very close to each other with no room for a small unit so if you need night time d...
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Many thanks to the staff of Hadleigh Gables Hotel. We stayed for a long weekend on the 26tyh of July. We went with my son and his family. They had a lovely family room overlooking the beach. We had a smaller room but we asked to be next door and the room for just my husband and I was sufficient for the weekend. The large room was lovely, the shower rooms could do with refurbishing but both rooms were clean as was the bed linen and towels etc.
The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. Everyone went out of their way to make sure our stay was a pleasant one. The weekend porter/bar man I think his name was Denny went out of his way to help and could not do enough for us. John the manager made sure we had a nice room and was extremely helpful in this matter.
The hotel is in a fabulous position just accross from the beach but on the quieter North end.
Yarmouth has something to do for all ages and is a very nice clean seaside resort and is a short distance from the lovely Norfolk broads.

Room Tip: The family room overlooking the beach is a lvely room with a view.
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Very good overall, no hotel is perfect. Arriving early at 9,30 we asked if we could park on site and was placed out the way arround the back. when we werer ready to leave someone had blocked the way out so that myself and another car could not get out.It is hotel policy that you leave your car keys at reception so it was not there fault.The manager spent an hour and half searching yarmouth and found the persons and brought the keys back and moved the car!Above and beyond the call duty you could say. Could'nt ask more than that .Brilliant!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Oh give em a break, it’s not that bad!

Having read some of the (admittedly amusing) comments about this establishment, we arrived expecting the worst. Anyway, we checked-in. No sign of Basil, Cybil or Manuel - he was probably listening to Russell Brand on Desert Island Discs. It was a perfectly normal reception, not a moose-head in sight! Okay, the parking IS a bit tight, but no worries, Basil … I mean ‘the proprietor’ sorts it all out for you, and will even park your Austin Allegro if you let him. YES the interior layout might befuddle anyone not brought-up on The Adventure Game or The Crystal Maze, but as a spatially-aware chap, I was able to easily navigate my space-hopper past the Vortex and through the 70s Zone to our seafront superior room. Get one of these; they’re good - if you like purple and can live with your grandma’s old carpet! We passed a few open doors and some of the lesser rooms are indeed ‘cupboards’. The breakfast is fine too: get your egg fried though. And yes, Basil DOES take all your Drogna in advance – but that’s mentioned up-front so remember to read the small print!

It’s also worth noting that H.G is only a ‘self-certified’ Four Star, which is a bit like saying your prowess with a Peter Powell Stunt Kite qualifies you to the left-hand seat in the cockpit of a 747 (keeping the 70s theme alive there). Remember though, this IS Great Yarmouth. We like it because of the lovely beach. But I’ve never seen so much bipedal lard since the late night Sumo on Channel-4 (remember that, or did I just make it up?). I’d better stop there … I think I’ve got heatstroke. Wow, it’s just like 1976!!!