We stayed here over the Bank Holiday weekend and arrived with no expectations, having not read any reviews. Location is perfect, very short walk to pier and town centre! Parking wasn't ideal but I don't really think there is anything the hotel could do to correct this, as there is no room to add a car park! There is off road parking just around the corner on Wellsley road/street which is free (I can't remember the name) this is a very short walk, 2 minutes maximum. The manager/receptionist was very approachable and talkative on all the encounters we had with him, a lovely gentleman. The room was a good size, could do with a bit of decorating/updating. The window had a crack in it that was stuck together with sellotape, this should really be dealt with immediatley as the window backs on to the pillows - you are literally sleeping on the window sill! This really didn't bother us, but i can see a potential accident happening soon! The breakfast was very satisfactory and we could not complain. We did not have dinner at the hotel, we always ate out so cannot comment!
Overall I would say the Hotel is very average and if you are not too bothered about spending a lot of time inside this would be perfect for you. It could definitley do with some updating and decorating, maybe a bit of hoovering aswell as it did look a little bit grubby! But overall we didn't mind staying there, I would probably return if it was for a short trip but I would not want to spend a whole week away there - Bare that in mind!
Only thing I was not pleased with was the fact we paid about £75 a night as it was over the bank holiday weekend and it was definitley not worth this! The next day it went down to about £46 (something like that anyway) so I would recommend prices being corrected!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You are assured of a warm welcome at this sea front hotel. Family run, we have 40 bedrooms all en-suite 4 of them have disabled friendly wet room showers and balconies overlooking wellesley park. We can cater for coach parties or individuals. Special diets etc. with at least 4 nights live entertainment you dont have to go far to enjoy yourselves. We have a new lift to all floors please give us a try. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Ebookers and LateRooms so you can book your The Sea Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hadleigh Gables Great Yarmouth
- The Sea Princess Great Yarmouth, Norfolk