“Not bad”

Ranked #20 of 21 Hotels in Great Yarmouth
Bedworth, United Kingdom
“Not bad”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Had a great time again and even when under pressure with malfunctioning fire alarm going off into the early hours the staff remained calm and helpful. Breakfast small but tasty, lots of cereal, fruit and sweet breads to choose from

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Richard P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Seaford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

All the potential. Beach front location, parking, town centre, bustling resort. Then you get to see your room. Oh dear. I was given what must have been the min requirements to constitute a "bedroom". No window, air vent or extractor. Very tatty and grubby. Loo could have done with a bleach, and hot !! phew. Enquiries revealed no other rooms available so I went next door who were very helpful and did me a deal for room only. Have to say the food was excellent, as were the restaurant staff. phase two was the next room offering. This time, not en-suite. Okay, not the end of the world but a door marked toilet in the corridor with no means of locking it from the inside brought on the third attempt of getting me a room. meanwhile my passengers are beginning to make waves with similar complaints, dirty rooms grubby bed linen. One couple went next door to the Burlington Palm where I stayed last night. So 1 night and 4 rooms! Seems sometimes that the coach driver gets the cubicle room coz he gets to stay free. small room is no problem but bear in mind that the following day he is transporting 40+ people in a 40ft 18ton coach without having had a decent sleep. That's why I paid to go next door. The staff did their best but it seems that a 30 room hotel has been portioned off to make 62 rooms with resulting plumbing issues. I suspect the owner wasn't very receptive and left all the aggro to his staff who to be fair did a blinding job of spinning plates juggling rooms. Summary... Staff, food, location all good. rooms? try the Burlington Palm next door.

Room Tip: don't accept room 40
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank peter e

Travellers are raving about these Great Yarmouth hotels

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I organised a cricket tour to great Yarmouth and stayed in this hotel I didn't expect much I I was not disappointed. The hotel is so dated smelly rooms filthy carpets and electric wires hanging every were .The hotel inspector would have her work cut out to bring this up to a good standard.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Raif K
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed overnight prior to our holiday in hemsby, like another reviewer. I booked the hotel then read the reviews and became optimistic about hotel choice.
All staff treated us with such excellent service, everything about the room was perfect, the breakfast was fantastic, can't understand the negative reviews,
Must be born moaners,
I work serving members of the public and always treat my customers as I expect to be treated, all staff excelled in this by delivering excellent customer services, as for parking we opted to pay to park our car on the seafront.
We'll done all staff, thanks for a wonderful stay

Stayed August 2014
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I don't like writing bad reviews but I feel this has to be written!

We booked to stay from Monday afternoon to Friday morning costing £400 in total for 3 single rooms - which we thought was reasonable until we stepped into the hotel! Parking is disgraceful, no designated bays and if you do wish to use the car park you have to give your keys in so THEY can move YOUR car if it's blocking someone!? Luckily we had a blue badge so could park in the road. We walked in and were greeted by an over friendly over zealous manager....he rushed us through times and layout of hotel before almost dragging us to our rooms!

The decor, carpets and heavy doors are all dated and need a serious boost into the 21st century!!! The lights come on as you walk past them...well sometimes, other times they flicker and do not come on at all! The rooms were small, cramped and equally dated! The plug sockets are above the bed causing a health hazard! The bathroom was clean but tiny and the TVs on the wall caused major problems as the walls are paper thin meaning you can everything in the room next door which is a nightmare at 1.30am! The heavy doors also wake you up, the floorboards creak and the noise outside is also a problem!

Breakfast was ok...a wide selection although the cooked breakfast was hit and miss in regards to standard. Staff were friendly enough however they are in urgent need of new entertainment as the singers were so awful we sat in the TV room and made our own entertainment.

The only plus points were the location! Ideal for families etc! Within walking distance of the pier, prom and family attractions!

Would I stay again? No!
Would I recommend? No!

Stayed July 2014
6 Thank Stuart C
Limassol, Limassol, Cyprus
Reviewed 28 July 2014

...I fell ill from day one....the room was dirty,lights not working...carpets smelly etc from 1970s the latest ....only good thing was location ....the breakfast was not great either ....staff were ok I guess but overall dreadful ...oh and couldn't sleep due to floor boards all night from others above ...

Room Tip: Don't go ...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Maria S
Alcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I stayed here becuase my colleaugue wanted to stay by the seaside!.
I would rather have been anywhere else!
Its like going back in time, there cant have been any investment in this place for donkeys years.
I struggled out of the lift down a dark corrider where lights flicked on as you passed...too late to stop me falling down a step you couldn't see.
My room.....Bed clothes looked re-used, soap in the bathroom had been used (spare u the detail) and the lino was peeling back in the 'en suite'....No fan with the heat.
We could have stayed at a Premier Inn in Lowestoft for the same price.
If I were you stay there and drive the few miles in if you are on business.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business