“Great 4 day break”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Great Yarmouth
Cherry Tree Holiday Park
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great 4 day break”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Just returned from a 4 day break at Parkdean - cherry tree and I have got to say what a nice clean well run site. We stayed in a Gorleston caravan which was spotless, comfortable beds, touch central heating, Big flat screen TV with DVD player. Only gripe would be that the seating area in the living room was quite hard and a bit uncomfortable. The clubhouse was clean and the food in the Coast bar was very good and surprisingly for a holiday park the beer was good also.The entertainment was what you can expect from a holiday park but the staff really tried to put on a show, which might have been difficult as some nights in the clubhouse there were only 15 - 20 people. On site shop was okay and stocked everything you need at a little extra cost. My advice is that there is a Tesco and an Aldi within 5 minutes drive so we went there to stock up. Cannot comment on the pool as we did not use it but it looked okay. Great Yarmouth is about a 5 - 10 minute drive away and is also very clean, full of bars and restaurants and loads for kids to do. Arcades, Crazy Golf, The Pleasure Beach what a fantastic place. Would I go back to Cherry Tree again, yes I would. Well run site and I think I have only touched the tip of exploring the area. Well done Parkdean.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank corrientes2010

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Polish first
Nottingham
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We've just returned from 3 nights at cherry tree and were pleasantly surprised. My husband is a snob and refuses to do caravan holidays so I booked without him knowing. However, he was quite impressed. We booked a new 'top of the range' 2 bed and it was lovely. Immaculate inside, everything we needed, our 3 year old twins loved it. Indoor pool was great as was the soft play and park. Very well equipped shop, restaurant was good value and a good choice. I can't knock it for value for money. The only little thing I would say is, if you have children that are light sleepers, ask for a caravan away from the centre. I didn't think we were that near but the music on Saturday night was very loud and in the summer, if you had windows open, would be difficult to sleep. Gorleston itself is a strange place, beach is amazing and nice kids park but not much else. Great Yarmouth was a surprise and not what I expected. Lovely beach, lots for the kids to do and very clean. Worth a trip. Would definitely recommend cherry tree.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank HarryDogNottingham
Reviewed 28 September 2013

The first stay at Cherry Tree was quite pleasant, nice caravan, on the smaller side but the bathroom doubled up as en suite and we had heating so we were quite happy. 2 minor things at the time now stand out, 1- we had to chase our linen twice. 2- on the surface it looked clean but I dripped water on the kitchen floor within minutes or being there, and used tissue paper to wipe it up, the tissue was filthy! I called reception who were quick to pop over, the lady was lovely and arranged a cleaner to come back and mop properly. Someone did come back as promised and it was cleaned properly, they also brought washing up liquid and sponge for us as I'd mentioned we hadn't got any yet.

The second time we booked a 'Filby' which didn't have central heating but they were newer 2012 models so expected a nice up to date van.
This time we had bought our own linen even though it was meant to be included, on arrival though there was no sign of the linen so I expect we would have been chasing it all over again. The van was tucked at the end a row under some trees which made it dark and cold. It was by no means welcoming. On the way to the shop we stopped at reception where I asked if this was in fact a 'new van' I got a roll of the eyes and 'yes, I can assure you they are' and not even a hint interest when I said it had already got mold on the bedroom walls.
We suffered it for one night, gave in and upgraded for £10 - the best £10 I ever spent. Even without the heating it was so warm just because it wasn't dumped under some trees. It may have been private because it was furnished nicely and generally more comfortable. The experience was totally transformed just by having somewhere pleasant to come back to. I couldn't believe the difference of £10. Later on we realised in our haste to swap caravans we had forgotten a few bits I'd put away in the small kitchen cupboard. We called reception and with a huff (mentioned in someone else's earlier review) we got told it hadn't been cleaned yet so we could get back in to retrieve our bits, when my partner went to get the key the First Lady was nice and got the key from the 'eye roller' who made some comment, tutted and once again rolled her eyes. OK so not ideal to have campers change rooms but you made an extra bit of money from an upgrade and it really wasn't that hard to swap some keys around to warrant a series of huffs and blatant annoyance was there?!
Initially I thought cherry tree was a good find but seeing as we've had more issues in those 2 stays than in total of all other caravan holidays we won't be returning. That said, if we'd have had the nice caravan straight off and 'eye roller' had a day off our experience would have been perfectly fine so we may have just been unlucky twice in a row....

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GelTom
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Caravan very clean. Friendly staff. Value about average. Was disappointed that caravans were rammed in too close. Not a good location as too far away from coast and as it was a sun cheapo (not so cheap as it turned out) we had to take what we were given:-( wanted to go for walk but roads too dodgy.

1 Thank Jenny L
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We rented a thurne caravan and it was spotless. The only time I have been in a caravan that was as smart as the brochure.it was centrally heated and double glazed. Staff friendly and helpful. We pre-paid for breakfast every morning and it was worth the money. We did not sample the entertain only the bingo which was great. Indoor pool was excellent. Would go again. The drinks were a bit on the pricey side.

Room Tip: If you go out of season chose a centrally heated and double glazed unit
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DannyH231
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I was all ready for writing a good review but now I'm home I'm just realising how rubbish it was.. I was really surprised at how diddy the caravan was, stayed in a 6 birth before at haven and was so much bigger, just made it more awkward to get around having 2 young kids. Entertainment was good apart from they take the bingo far too seriously and my excited child that was just so excited and wanted to dance got told off by the old folk.. the park itself was quite nice I guess, bar staff were friendly.. I know this was our silly.fault but we left in quite a hurry the day we were going home and ended up leaving our sons bag of clothes behind. I called the park right away and explained how sorry I was, living 200 miles away I won't be able to just pop back for it and if they could post it for me and I would pay.. well I came back Monday and its now Friday and they haven't even got back to me, every time I call the staff are too busy one will call me back later, and they never do.. when I first told them about the incident, the lady sighed at me and didn't sound impressed what I had done which made me feel even worse.. hate the place, would never go back now.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Just back again from Cherry Tree after a short break. A lovely clean site with really friendly staff. There was 4 adults and 3 children in our party and we all loved it. The pool is great (although maybe to much chlorine? kids eyes were still sore that evening. Can't believe other review that staff were drunk or that drunks were being taken out the back door?! The staff were fantastic and entertainment second to none. Never seen then drunk, always very professional. Brilliant for kids and adults. Looking forward to going back.

2 Thank Suzymumm