“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Great Yarmouth
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

Just returned from a weeks holiday with Alfa travel to this hotel with my parents. The Hotel Manager Bernie was really helpful and when we had a problem he tried to solve this straight away. The staff are excellent especially Angelica the waitress who could not do enough to help you. The bar staff were also excellent and friendly and always happy. The chef also came around after meals to ask if everything was good. The food was really nice and we could you complain about anything as the entertainment was also good. Would recommend this Hotel if your thinking of going to Great Yarmouth. Well done to all the staff !!! and thank you for a lovely holiday.

Room Tip: Rooms on very spacious and clean
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Linda19632014
BernieKorycki01, General Manager at The New Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you very much taking the time to write such a positive review following your recent stay at our hotel. I am delighted that you and your family had an enjoyable stay. It was a pleasure for us having you with us and I am glad that our service met with your expectations.

On behalf of my team, thank you for your kind words and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the New Beach Hotel in the very near future.

Bernie Korycki

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Peterlee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

We went on a coach holiday with alfa and stayed at the New beach hotel in great yarmouth, great location and all the staff were very good, our waiter was excellent and top marks to the chef 10/10. Would stay here again :-)

• Stayed August 2014
4 Thank lisadurham11
BernieKorycki01, General Manager at The New Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
On behalf of the entire hotel team I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your very positive experience of your stay on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable time and it does seem that all areas of the hotel lived up to your expectations.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

we went an a coach holiday with alfa travel and stayed at the new beach hotel in great yarmouth the manager only took over this hotel recently but he made us all welcome the food was good and a good choice with a chefs special every night our waiter that looked after us was fantastic they was entertainment on most nights we would go again

Room Tip: try to get a room at back of hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank cynthia029
I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor following your recent stay. I am delighted that you chose to stay with us and that you had a thoroughly enjoyable stay. Your kind words have already been passed onto the team and we are very grateful to you for sharing your positive experience on the internet.

On behalf of the team thank you for choosing New Beach Hotel and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Just completed a stay at this hotel and it is a very well run and friendly hotel and the staff should be very proud of this including my waitress angelica who even when busy nothing was a problem to sort well done everyone will definitely be back again

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
6 Thank cfmjason
BernieKorycki01, General Manager at The New Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
On behalf of the team I would like to thank you for awarding us with a 5 star review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the New Beach Hotel. We very much appreciate you taking the time to feedback the experience of your stay and for sharing it on the internet.

I am delighted to read that you encountered a positive experience throughout and that my staff ensured a great stay for you. I will pass your review onto the team and onto Andzelika.
We certainly hope to see you return in the future.

Until then please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance. Once again thank you for your kind words.

Yours sincerely,
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

We went to The new beach hotel on a coach holiday with Alfa. There were things about the coach company that I didn't like but my review is about the hotel. We were greeted on arrival by the manager who the older guests all fell in love with! He kept his greeting short which was great after a long journey. Our cases were all taken into the hotel and registration was done in our rooms and cards dropped back after we had settled in. I took mine and mums case to our room although other people had theres taken for them.
The room was clean and had everything we needed including wifi. We had a shower not bath which was really good as mum could use it easily. It was really powerful and plenty of hot water.
All staff were friendly and helpful.
On the whole food was ok but there were areas that could be improved on. Breakfast was fine and although not on the menu the chef did a poached egg for me on a daily basis. I changed what I had daily (with poached egg) The evening meals were not always to our liking but other people thought they were ok. I suppose that it is personal preferance and it depends how fussy you are.
With the window open the nights could be noisey but when we closed the window the noise was hardly noticable. We were in a side room but could still see the sea and pier which we did like.
On leaving the manager came onto the coach to present a mystery prize along with a kiss which did go down really well! The staff make this hotel.
There is to be some refurbishment in the future to the ground floor and reception area to enlarge the hotel. I would return to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank mandjankers555
BernieKorycki01, General Manager at The New Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
On behalf of the entire team I would like to thank you for taking the time to feedback the experience of your stay on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to receive such positive feedback on nearly all areas of the hotel. Thank you very much indeed for your kind words.
I am disappointed that you experienced some negatives regarding our meals and I have spoken to the kitchen team about this.

We do try very hard to provide a high level of service throughout all departments and our overall aim is to ensure our guests want to return. In order to do this we must be willing to go the extra mile and I am pleased to say that my team are committed to doing that. I am delighted to read that you would return to us and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

In the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance and once again thank you for sharing such a positive experience on the internet. We really do very much appreciate this.

Stafford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

we travelled with alfa coach company to the hotel in gt yarmouth and were greeted straight away by the manager then our cases were taken to our room which was delightful very clean with all the facilities required the staff were really friendly and helpful the food was excellent good choices variety for everyone we would certainly recommend it central place close to everything you require for a good holiday

Room Tip: nearer the back as its quieter
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank June C
On behalf of the entire hotel team I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your very positive experience of your stay on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable time and it does seem that all areas of the New Beach Hotel lived up to your expectations.

We certainly hope to see you return in the future and thank you very much indeed for staying with us. If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Preston, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Muddled and slow service at meal times with several menu items unavailable. Food good but some portions were very small, we seemed to have a different waitress each day who were really trying hard to keep things together. Room was OK but was directly above the entertainment lounge so we could not even hear the TV. Fri and Sat night kept awake until 0430 by noisy youths passing under window (third floor) I guess we have been spoiled at the leisureplex's at Porth caul and Weston supermare (excellent). Lots of grumbling guests and was told they had got a new manager?

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank sorrybut
I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for providing your feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at New Beach Hotel. I am of course disappointed to have received a review which is less than favourable. However, please be assured that I do appreciate your feedback and I will of course take action on some of the points that you have raised.

I am extremely sorry for any shortcomings you experienced with the speed of the service, the quantity of food and with unavailable menu items. Thank you for highlighting these to me.

Should you wish to discuss your stay in greater detail I would very much welcome the opportunity to do so.