“pictures dont show how it really is”

Knights Court Hotel
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Great Yarmouth
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We went for a weekend break with another couple who paid more for a sea view, we had just a double room. Our room was AVERAGE and we has a sea view on the side which was a bonus. Our friends had a much smaller room than ours and needed updating. On arrival I was very happy as the receptionist had already taken the money out of my bank before we had arrived, I told her she had no right to do that as we booked it and therefore she had taken out our friends room money aswell. I told her she should have waited for us to arrive before doing that. However didnt want to cause a scene so left it at that. We had eaten out that night and when we returned we went into the bar where there was a TV so we asked if we could watch the football game that was on TV. She was unhappy to put it on but did so we watched the football with her looking at us all the time with a unhappy face. We were going to eat ther the next night but she was so rude to us we decided to go to the kensington hotel a few yards away and eat. The breakfast was good, apart from the dirty knifes and they didnt like us telling them they were dirty. Dont think I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: room 11 side sea view, room 18 sea view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank glynne a
There are newer reviews for Knights Court Hotel

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We chose this place after reading an awful lot of reviews on Trip Advisor. I really wish I hadn't bothered!
The car park is OK, however extremely tight to get to and manoeuvre in when the spaces at the front are full (especially when you have a typical Range Rover driver purposefully taking up 2 spaces).
The room was very small but OK because we were only staying 2 nights - and longer would have been too claustrophobic. Bed a very small double, and I am only 5'!
Didn't make it to breakfast the first morning, but ordered for room service the final morning and it was absolutely disgusting. The Full English had - 1 miniscule, overcooked sausage, 2 rashers of soggy bacon and those were the highlights! The beans were bone dry, fried bread was pale, soggy and cold, mushrooms plasticy and the fried egg had obviously been sitting for some time, with the palest yellow yolk I had ever seen. 1 single tinned tomato completed the plate.
One tiny pot of coffee between 2.
Continental breakfast was toast, 2 slightly stale croissants, a babybel and 2 slices of warm ham. So this was hardly touched either, but we paid the £6 for the benefit of having it delivered to the room.
The older gentleman seemed very professional and hard-working, however the South African(I think her name is Jenny) is extremely abrubt and perhaps a little grumpy. Her maths skills are non-existent (I am not exaggeratting when I say ittook over 20 minutes to order and pay for 1 Peroni and 1 Southern Comfort and diet Coke because she couldn't calculate it - even with a calculator). She seems very much out of her depth.
Bar is expensive and doesn't have much choice.
Would have spent more time in there because the weather was appalling but preferred to be out getting wet!
Speaking of getting wet, the shower trays are dangerously slippy even before you turn shower on, the water pressure is non-existent and the temperature is impossible to stabilise.
I am very disappointed as I wanteda quality break as a couple without the children for the first time in ages - I definitely won't come anywhere near here next time I get the chance!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shearersWAG
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We booked this hotel for a quick one night stay in Great Yarmouth. Very pleased all round with the hotel and the staff are very helpful, friendly and willing to help, even when arrived just after dinner service we were still about to eat! Rooms are very comfortable with what you need, price is very reasonable for what you get here. Good choice for breakfast. Food (dinner & breakfast) appears to be fresh food prepared to order and was very good quality

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Our annual visit with our grandchildren was again a tremendous success, they always enjoy staying in room 22 which has a double for us and an alcove with two singles for them. All was ( as usual ) clean and comfortable and breakfasts very tasty. I would have given a 5 star rating except this time there was no hot water in the hand basin ( which I reported but it wasn't able to be fixed before we left ) , the children didn't mind but Nan did ! Notwithstanding this I can recommend Knights Court as a friendly and comfortable place to stay whether you have kids with you or not.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stopped here sat 24th may 2014 could not fault this hotel very clean very comfortable staff were very helpfully and friendly . The seafront location was brilliant had sea view room the bed was soft and very comfy had best night sleep in a hotel the evening meal and breakfast was excellent the evening meal was good value for money would highly recommend this hotel and we will be returning again the next time we go to see the sister in law.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view or a room in the hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kevin G
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This excellent 3* AA Approved Hotel is on the beach front and within fairly short walking distance to all tourist attractions in Great Yarmouth.
I spent a most enjoyable night at this well appointed Hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful.
The room was was well appointed, and with a very comfortable double bed for a single guest. My English breakfast was also first class.
Overall a very pleasant stay, and very good value.

Room Tip: This Hotel has some sea facing rooms, together with also a Motel at the rear of the Hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We could not fault this hotel, staff friendly and helpful, food excellent,rooms clean and tidy. Barry the boss seemed a bit stand offish but once you get to know him he was friendly and helpful. Overall we had a very enjoyable holiday, we would recommend this hotel to everyone and we will defo be back again, we must mention angie one of the staff who send the clippers by post to us as we had left them behind, thanks to barry and all the staff for our stay. Well done Knights Court

Room Tip: We had a sea view room which i would recommend
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple